Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blue screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stlcards1

stlcards1

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:36 PM

well i've been trying to help a neighbor out with her computer,where everytime she starts it up, it'll go through the process stating compaq with a little loading bar,then that blue screen appears. Also tried it in safe mode and it does the same thing. She also doesn't have a recovery disk. The computer is a compaq deskpro with Windows 2000 pro also says Windows NT workstation 4.0. that she doesn't have a disk is there anyway download one w/o having to buy? any other option here? Also with taking computers apart and together I have no idea how to do that,if something was wrong inside.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:43 PM

If you can get the message from the blue screen, the would be a great help. Normally you can contact Compaq/HP and after verifying ownership, they'll send you a disk for a nominal fee. Your operating system might be too old and not supported anymore. You'd have to call and ask
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 studentz

studentz

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:58 PM

i have experience this problem..
boot using your win2k CD and use recovery cosole>chkdsk /r or you can repair window..
100% work.
Posted Image
-Security is part of life-
-visual,games maniac-

#4 tech_tiger

tech_tiger

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:21 AM

Hello,

You can solve problem of blue screen by formatting and reinstalling your operating system.. Make sure that you have backed up your important data before formatting your computer system otherwise you are left with nothing. If still problem does not solve, then remove un-used programs and software from your computer system..

Hope the information works for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users