Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dragonball: Evolution

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Box In A Bag

Box In A Bag

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

So I have been keeping track of this live action movie for years now, and it was a rumor at first, and than was fake, but THAN it came back, and now it is real.

Going to be in theaters in March 09

The OFFICIAL japanese trailer released last night

Check it out HERE

What do ya'll think?

Edited by Box In A Bag, 10 December 2008 - 01:34 PM.

Posted Image
Intel Core2Duo E8400 wolfdale 3.0GHz OC'd to 3.8GHz 38C/39C maximum,

---Call 9-1-1 for emergencies.... or just post at Bleeping Computer---
------------Your friendly CVCOG 9-1-1 Network Administrator-----------

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreyTalon

GreyTalon

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:47 PM

Actually doesn't look to bad all things considering... It doesn't fit the DB universe the characters are to old or to different from the characters from the actual show or manga. I would probably watch it though... But overall doesn't look to bad

#3 Jat90

Jat90

• Members
  • 1,515 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:28 PM

Well it looks a lil cheesy and the whole story is different to that of DB but as I've watched the anime, I'll still watch it, will suck without Vegeta though :thumbsup:
- Jat90 -

If I have not responded to you within 24 hours, then please feel free to send me a message.

Posted Image

#4 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:28 PM

No Vegeta? You know how many fans are going to be disappointed about that?!

Also... Seems like it's going to be one of those bad licensed movies. Same characters and same general recognizable features, but no resemblance to anything established as continuity or character development. Just one bad fan-fiction.

Hit youtube and find the original live version of it. "Drgaonballs: The Magic Begins." I'm torn between thinking it's the most awful thing in the world... Or a very good attempt for low-budget wire-fu. (Dubs almost universally suck. You can't hold anyone to that standard. :thumbsup: )

#5 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:01 PM

No Vegeta? You know how many fans are going to be disappointed about that?!

I'm pretty sure a lot will be since they won't get a taste of a favorite internet meme "IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!"

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#6 Box In A Bag

Box In A Bag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

Well it looks a lil cheesy and the whole story is different to that of DB but as I've watched the anime, I'll still watch it, will suck without Vegeta though :thumbsup:

Vegeta is supposed to be in the second movie, this is taking place during Dragonball, before dragonball z.

Some things are messed up, age is actually pretty accurate but, the school thing and trying to make it fit in with everyday life is just dumb. The other thing is that it said 7 mystics made the dragonballs, which is going to screw up the entire story but idk, they might figure something out.

But there is supposed to be 3 movies, hopefully this one doesnt ruin that.
Posted Image

#7 chris031289

chris031289

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

To be fair, this looks more than awful but I'm sure I'll still go see it. :thumbsup:

#8 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

To be fair, this looks more than awful but I'm sure I'll still go see it. :thumbsup:

But not MST3K awful, sadly. That usually salvages some of the worst movies... But some are just too awful to even be able to grab onto that lifeline.

#9 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

What's MST3K?

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#10 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

Aren't we a young'n, now? How does someone who visits places like this, not know of such awesome?

MST3K

#11 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:51 PM

Being a gamer doesn't help when most of my free time is spent gaming :thumbsup:

It's like how some people on the internet wouldn't know such awesome meme's like "All your base are belong to us" or "It's over 9000!!!!!" or other things that gets passed around that I don't know of.

Edited by scff249, 16 January 2009 - 10:51 PM.

#12 Box In A Bag

Box In A Bag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:21 AM

Aren't we a young'n, now? How does someone who visits places like this, not know of such awesome?

MST3K

Agreed... mst3k does spell awesome in an alternate universe.

Edited by Box In A Bag, 19 January 2009 - 09:21 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users