Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keep getting same email to my hotmail account

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 claudemarie

claudemarie

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:38 AM

from my friend's shaw.ca email account, I am not sure if it goes through Outlook on her part or what. She says she sent it to me once, I have it a dozen times at least today.

it just contains a .wmv that I didn't even open because I was suspicious of the amount (at the time 5) of her emails. I replied "why so many?" and she was very confused.

I don't use Outlook or anything, I am very plain almost the stupidest computer illiterate around, and just have my gmail and hotmail account, it doesn't go through anything, I just logg in and away I go.

So... I did try to search this here on the boards but can't quite find what I am looking for, so if it is a duplicate, Im sorry. It's late and I am googly eyed lol

Any thoughts on what to do here? I suggested she contact her service provider for help since it is HER email being sent out multiple times.

Next I guess I run a scan (I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2009- is that ok?)

Anyways thanks for any thoughts.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:13 AM

Hi claudemarie,

It would be her account that is infected. And yes, Kaspersky is excellent.

Zllio

#3 claudemarie

claudemarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:18 AM

hmm good... lol

aparently someone else emailed her and asked "Why so many" so yes the trouble is definitely on her end. The thing is, it cluttered up her other recipients mail box. I haven't had it back here since, thank goodness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users