Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Guard 2008 Removal attempts have failed

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Lingle

Kevin Lingle

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:20 AM

hi,

i'm posting from a non-infected machine because the infected machine prevents me from even visiting
bleepingcomputer.com!!

i have tried several manual attempts to remove Spyware Guard 2008 from my wife's computer.
i stumbled across http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-re...ware-guard-2008
tonight and decided to try Malwarebytes' Anit-Malware.

however, i am unable to even install the program on the infected machine. i tried to get around
the fact that i am unable to visit websites like bleepingcomputer.com (anything seemingly related
to spyware or malware removal get's redirected to bogus webpages :thumbsup: by downloading the setup.exe
to my good computer, buring a disc and then attempting to invoke setup from the disk (and from
copying onto Desktop of infected computer). i am unable to run MBAM setup at all on the infected
computer. i am scared to try and run it as Administrator for fear that my password (if i could
even remember it) will be scanned/captured or something!

i see mbam-setup.exe start via Task Manager, but nothing actually runs (no time given to the process even).
eventually it disappears from Task Manager process window.

Spyware Guard 2008 seems to truely have my wife's computer cornered and i'm at my wits end
as to what to do next short of re-installing the entire system!

PLEASE HELP!

kevin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:04 PM

From quietman7:

Some types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run.

If you were able to scan, please post the log of the results in your next reply for staff review (the logs can be found under the Logs tab).

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#3 Kevin Lingle

Kevin Lingle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:35 AM

thanks for the input. i was able to get MBAM installed by renaming the mbam-setup.exe . however, when i attempted to run the program the first time, nothing happened. i could see mbam.exe in task manager processes, but it was taking no CPU time or anything.
no application appeared. i then went to Program Files for MBAM and renamed mbam.exe to doodad.exe. no i get Error code: 707 (3).
any idea what that error is?

#4 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:20 AM

Try renaming the extension instead of the name. Do something like mbam.bat, double click that, and see if it runs that way. If you can get it to work then, scan the computer with Quick Scan and post the log in your next reply for staff review.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#5 Kevin Lingle

Kevin Lingle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:18 AM

i was able to get mbam to run after renaming the .exe here is the results log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1456
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

12/15/2008 12:10:53 AM
mbam-log-2008-12-15 (00-10-36).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 78914
Time elapsed: 2 hour(s), 5 minute(s), 47 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 7
Registry Keys Infected: 22
Registry Values Infected: 6
Registry Data Items Infected: 4
Folders Infected: 4
Files Infected: 91

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsc32x.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jkkLEVOG.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tfwqasyi.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\opnklLca.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\isehvr.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Protect\yaimnmriqu.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Protect\ie.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\olesys.dll (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{79ffaa29-ef77-45e4-985f-4bc688e7ebc0} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{79ffaa29-ef77-45e4-985f-4bc688e7ebc0} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{a63e645f-13bd-45ed-b15f-6e8c1bd57279} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\opnkllca (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{a63e645f-13bd-45ed-b15f-6e8c1bd57279} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{c1964d0c-ff68-4c29-966b-13e2c2a70704} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c1964d0c-ff68-4c29-966b-13e2c2a70704} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{a63e645f-13bd-45ed-b15f-6e8c1bd57279} (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{79ffaa29-ef77-45e4-985f-4bc688e7ebc0} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{5a6863a3-8574-4740-84d0-72456b8eb864} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\spyware guard 2008 (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\tdssdata (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\tdss (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\contim (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Track System (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\spyware guard (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\spyware guard (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3aaf6439-c5fe-406a-b384-51869c059f7b} (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\b4b346a6 (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{a63e645f-13bd-45ed-b15f-6e8c1bd57279} (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\explorer (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\spywareguard (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\gadcom (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\OLESys (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\jkklevog -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Authentication Packages (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\jkklevog -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\ -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: system32\ -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008 (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\quarantine (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Christy\Start Menu\Programs\Spyware Guard 2008 (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Christy\Application Data\gadcom (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\isehvr.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\opnklLca.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jkkLEVOG.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\GOVELkkj.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\GOVELkkj.ini2 (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\auvgrlwn.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nwlrgvua.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bowonsdn.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ndsnowob.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\evegjgfj.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jfgjgeve.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ocpdoeyd.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dyeodpco.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qvcrtjrh.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hrjtrcvq.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tfwqasyi.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iysaqwft.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\yktolphg.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ghplotky.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Protect\yaimnmriqu.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\esyxiq.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\opplnimu.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qhwiye.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\stssvh.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svjdcvnn.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\uuidoaae.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmbosl.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\alfkdaat.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rdgenc.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSktkl.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSlmjf.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSocum.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSurxb.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tlrmroxk.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tpvasynq.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fnyetygu.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sbejml.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pjohucki.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vljiljuk.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vwnpwv.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qvycxcfx.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igqipbwi.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iarilm.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xgrhuq.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ywlickmk.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\zemyen.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\zetfmb.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\~.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\TDSSpcuu.sys (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TDSS7375.tmp (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TDSS76a2.tmp (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TDSS79af.tmp (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TDSS7bb3.tmp (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TDSS8160.tmp (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TDSSd849.tmp (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Davis\Local Settings\Temp\eiiaimgg.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Davis\Local Settings\Temp\wvkudixh.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Davis\Local Settings\Temp\zstxsz.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Davis\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\V3GKQQ7N\zc113432[1] (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Davis\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\V3GKQQ7N\index[1] (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Christy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G7UQOVUU\load[1].exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Christy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G7UQOVUU\index[2] (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Christy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G7UQOVUU\index[3] (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Christy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\NY57UXUE\upd[1] (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Christy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\NY57UXUE\zc113432[3] (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\conf.cfg (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\mbase.vdb (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\quarantine.vdb (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\queue.vdb (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\spywareguard.exe (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\uninstall.exe (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\vbase.vdb (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcrh.tmp (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wertyu.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\getwn32.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsc32x.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\sysexplorer.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\reged.exe (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\spoolsystem.exe (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\sys.com (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\syscert.exe (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\vmreg.dll (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Protect\svhost.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Protect\track.sys (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Protect\conf.sys (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Protect\ie.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\olesys.dll (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\winlogon.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSqrwn.log (Trojan.TDSS) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSxekj.dll (Rootkit.Agent) -> No action taken.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:12 PM

You must reboot the computer for Mbam to finish it's cleanup.

Please reboot your computer and update Malwarebytes. This time do a FULL scan and post the new log here
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 Kevin Lingle

Kevin Lingle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:22 PM

last night, i did another quick scan under user account
that has admin authority. this time i clicked for mbam to delete/remove the
reported cruff. it ran and in a few seconds cleaned up things except for a
handfull that had to be removed on reboot. i rebooted and the malware is gone!!
i had not been asked to do this prior.... but i read somewhere about it, so
tried it.

do you still want me to do the deep scan and send log?

i'm curious now for advice on how to prevent this from happening again.
are there really good tools to watch for this crap coming onto my system
and stopping it? i had zonealarm installed but it didn't help.

thanks,
kevin

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:24 PM

do you still want me to do the deep scan and send log?

Yes. please do. When we're done I'll draw up an outline of what you can do to help prevent this again
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#9 pepecoco

pepecoco

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:45 AM

Hi there,

I got the same problems too, ran all the above steps and finally got mbam to work.
Running the scans now and will post the logs for any feedback.

Merry Xmas

#10 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:53 AM

pepecoco

Please start your own topic and one of us will be happy to help you
Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users