Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I CAN'T DOWNLOAD OR UPDATE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 STAR14

STAR14

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:31 AM

WHEN I TRY TO UPDATE MY SPYWARE OR ANY PROGRAM I CAN'T. WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLLOAD FROM THE WEB I CAN'T. I CLICK DOWNLOAD AND IT WELL DOWNLOAD BUT WHEN I CLICK RUN I GET AN ERROR THAT SAYS "SET UP FILES ARE CORRUPTED OR FAIL TO OPEN FILE OR INSTALLER IS CORRUPT. I CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. I ALSO HAVE A REDIRECTING PROBLEM. WHEN I GOOGLE SOMETHING AND THEN CLICK ON THE WEB SITE FOR WHAT I GOOGLED I'M REDIRECTED TO ANOTHER SITE. USUALLY DOLLARSENSE OR SOME SITE THAT IS SELLING ITEMS. I'M SO FLUSTRATED PLEASE HELP.

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by STAR14, 10 December 2008 - 01:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:19 AM

Here are links to the two best programs for finding and removing malware.

http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

If you have either of those programs downloaded, find the .exe for it and rename it by right clicking on the file and choosing rename. Name it lastchancescan. Then click on the file and run it.

If you don't have either of those then you can use another computer to download them to a CD or other medium and use that to place the programs on the infected computer. Be sure to rename them before attempting to install.

Both programs can be manually updated by getting the updates for them at the time of download.
http://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html (link to SAS manual update installer)

http://www.gt500.org/malwarebytes/database.jsp (latest database)
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 STAR14

STAR14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:00 PM

I GOT DRWEB-CUREIT TO RUN AND I HAD 3 INFECTION WHICH I MOVED TO INCURABLE. BUT IT DIDN'T HELP AT ALL. SO ARE SUPERANTISPYWARE AND MALWAREBYTES BETTER THEN DRWEB- CUREIT? I'LL TRY TO RUN THEN AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,504 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:08 PM

We will keep a light on for you!
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 STAR14

STAR14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:34 PM

OK I DOWNLOADED BOTH PROGRAM BUT THEY WON'T INSTALL. I RENAMED THEM AND NOW IT SAY THE FILE IS NOT A VALID WIN32 APPLICATION AND THE OTHER SAID THE SETUP FILES ARE CORRUPTED. WHAT NOW. SEEMS I CAN'T INSTALL ANYTHING.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,504 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:55 PM

I suggest you post a Hijack This Log in the HJT Forum. NOT IN THIS FORUM. Instructions for doing that are in the link below.
I don't think you will be able to do the Kaspersky scan but the Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) needs to be posted in your new HJT topic. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

#7 STAR14

STAR14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

OKAY I POSTED A HIJACK LOG IN THE HJT FORUM BUT I TRYED TO RUN THE KASPERSKY SCAN AND I NEEDED THE UPDATED JAVA PROGRAM WHICH I TRYED TO DOWNLOAD BUT IT HAD AN ERROR DOWNLOAD FILEC:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS ETC\JAVA IS CORRUPT. WHY WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL EVERYTHING IS CORRUPT? IT IT A VIRUS OR SOMETHING ELSE?

#8 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

AS per forum policy the Staff will need to lock THIS thread as you have your HJT log posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...=185883&hl=

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:38 PM

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users