Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All Mail folders, strange things happening (Outlook 2003)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 The_Archive_Guy

The_Archive_Guy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

Background:
Outlook 2003, SP3 + all updates current, OS: XP SP3 + all updates current
AV scan (local+web based) results show clean

Task: Created new PST folder
Results:
1) new pst folder appears in all mail folders view--> expected result
2) expand new pst folder, ->shows deleted items & search sub folders-> expected result
3) use as any other PST folder, eg: move mail to/from or create new folders within this PST folder-> system behaves as it should.
4) toggle between folders view (ctrl+6) & mail view(ctrl+1) and -> system behave as it should.

issue:
After a few hours or days, the same PST folder you created above now shows the following;
what ever you had made above --> expected result
New stuff as in "inbox, out box and sent items folders" Where did these come from? :thumbsup:

I did not add these.. I don't what them! I can not delete these! :flowers:
I have been using outlook over 12 years, this never happened before.
I verified on another system and this happens there also. Is also shows AV scan clean and it is upto date.

Any clues as to how to fix this?
Not using any special "views or rules so I am at a blank?????

{Mod Edit:moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications ~~~~boopme}

Edited by boopme, 09 December 2008 - 10:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:30 AM

Hi The_Archive_Guy. Under normal circumstances this would happen if the Deliver email to the following Location under Tools > Email Accounts > View/Change Existing Email is changed to the PST in question which would make it the default delivery location. There is no option to delete them from within Outlook. The entire data file would have to be removed.

As for automatically happening without intervention, as of right now I cant confirm. I created another PST to see if it automatically happens, but as of a few hours having gone by, the change has not happened. If it does happen to change I will amend this post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users