Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Session Timeout Error when logging into website

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lpac1

lpac1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

Hello,
I hope someone can help. My computer was running really slow recently, so I upgraded Avast Antivirus and spybot. I downloaded CCleaner and Comodo Internet Security and now everything works great except now my wife can't log on to her community college website (www.ccp.edu). She goes to www.ccp.edu and clicks on myccp, enters her username and password and it automatically says 'Session Timeout'. Every other website and login is fine. Any help????? Thank you in advance.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:22 AM

Hi lpac1,

Comodo Internet Security is a security suite, meaning it has both a firewall and an antivirus program in it. If you are running both Comodo Internet Security and Avast, you have two antivirus programs running, and you need to uninstall one of them.

The problem with your wife's connection is likely a firewall program. She will need to talk to the IT department at the community college and ask them for instructions. But first, try uninstalling Comodo and see if you still have the same problem. Comodo has a standalone firewall which is very good here: http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/dow...d_firewall.html

Let me know if this helps.

Zllio

#3 lpac1

lpac1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:36 PM

Zllio,

Thank you for your reply. When I installed Comodo Internet Security I only checked the box for firewall. I did not check the box for Antivirus.

#4 lpac1

lpac1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:35 PM

Any help????????????????

#5 lpac1

lpac1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:46 PM

problem solved-------------malwarebytes antimalware solved the problem thanks to advice from this website. Thank you so much everyone for your help. I will definitely recommend this site to everyone.

#6 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:15 AM

Hi lpac1,

Glad your problem is resolved. Did it also fix your wife's logon problem? What made you think of checking for further malware?

Zllio

#7 lpac1

lpac1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

After reading several other problems and solutions listed on this website, I came across several suggestions to use malware bytes antimalware for problems related to mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users