Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Struggling amateur and his libido!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Duparc

Duparc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:55 PM

My knowledge of computers is wrestling with problems that so frequently arise on the PCs in this home of mine (laptop and desktop). Let's say I have a lot of courage but little knowledge except from what I have learned the hard way; usually from having to reformat the HDD only to discover that there has been no OS CD provided or other method of reinstallation (get the message)? To come across forums like this is almost like discovering a new woman in one's life.

I reside at the south eastern foot of the Grampian mountains in Scotland in a small town called Kirriemuir which lays claim to being the birth and burial place of the author James Barrie who wrote, among his many contributions, the story of Peter Pan. I am retired (I think) and have been for 20 years during which time there has been a steep depreciation in the value of my pension so freebies are always welcome especially top spec PCs! Sometimes my joy these days is dropping a faulty PC into the garbage tip; it's like having an orgasm!

Regretfully, I doubt if I will be making many contributions owing to the limited depth of my knowledge but not breadth of experience nor from years of frustration! Currently a trojan has ensconced itself in my desktop and I am wrestling with it over who is in-charge here!

Thanks meantime for the SDFix. My courage, hope, and libido, are now beginning to percolate back-up again! Now to have another love struggle with my PC without the good lady knowing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:04 PM

Hello there Duparc I'm sure you will be able to contribute more than you think, especially to people like me :flowers:
Welcome to BC I'm pleased to greet you. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users