Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BLue screen: Kernel Stack InPage Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tireddad

tireddad

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

Running XP Pro...this just started mid-day today when I when to check email in Outlook. It never fully opened but gave me the blue screen with the Kernel Stack InPage Error. I don't know how to capture the entire page...but at the bottom was: Stop: 0X00000077. (Somewhat similar to Megs0567 message). When I tried to run an Ad-Aware scan it only got part way into it before going to the blue screen. I tried again in Safe Mode but same result. I'm suprised to find the browser working - because other applications won't run. I'm running AVG and Windows Defender as well. Yesterday a "UniBlue Registry Booster" appeared on my desktop and I suspect that in a chaotic moment I "accepted" an offer.

Where do I begin?

Tireddad

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:23 PM

I don't believe Uniblue is a rouge program. You have to agree to it. That said, these is a slim possibility it could be malware related. I'd read these articles first:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315266/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315266/
http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=135158
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 tireddad

tireddad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:37 PM

Ok...Thank you...I followed the instructions.

I was not able to download Microsoft's LiveCare w/o crashing. But I was able to run Chkdsk /f /r a number of times which definitely helped. It enabled me to get the machine running but I was unable to open Outlook due to some type of error. I ran Scanpst.exe and followed the instructions to Repair and then ran Chkdsk again which came back clean. Outlook is now running.

But then I tried to download LavaSoft's Adaware and received the following message:

Instruction at 0X621841e6 referenced memory at 0X00000000. The memory could not be read. The exception Unknown Software exception 0XC000049 occurred in the application 0X59A7295d.

The machine then hung but did not crash. I'm thinking that something is still wrong.

Tireddad

#4 tireddad

tireddad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:36 PM

I'm also unable to run Panda, or Kaspersky or anything else that requires a download. When I try I receive the same message as above.

#5 tireddad

tireddad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:09 PM

Issue resolved...it was an interaction with AVG. When I Uninstalled AVG all problems went away.

Thanks for your help,

Tireddad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users