Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with linked pages

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tnrob

tnrob

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

Here's the problem. If I click on a link in a page, the pop-up page that was connected to that link opens fine. However, if I want to close that linked pop up page that I just opened I get an error message saying that internet explorer has encountered a problem and had to close the internet. This problem has been occuring for some time now, and I'm not sure how to correct it. I'm open to advice or suggestions. Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:18 PM

welcom to this forum :thumbsup:

Are you able to kindly tell us your windows version , your antivirus protection and other protection programs installed?

When did you last run full scans with them; Do you have any scan reports for us to check for you ??

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

Also which browser are you using? When the link opens, it's the correct link right? You're not being redirected or anything?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 tnrob

tnrob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:50 PM

I have windows xp and use explorer for the internet. The anti virus protection is McAfee. I also downloaded the free spybot search & destroy antispyware today. I ran both of those programs today. The spybot found some things, unfortunately i deleted that report before I posted on here. I just ran the anti virus and it came back negative...does anybody recommend another program (antivirus or spyware). I have also seen a recommendation for HJT. Do you recommend doing this as well?

I don't think it is directing me anywhere. For example, the email service I use brings up a window when I compose an email. When I go to send the email, it sends it, but I get the Internet explorer encountered a problem and needs to close. It does this on other web sites as well. If I click on information link, or link to another page I can't close that window without internet closing.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users