Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD Drive doesn't work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sygg13

sygg13

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:55 PM

My DVD drive on my laptop doesn't show up in the "my computer" menu, and it doesn't show up when I use other programs like VLC media player. I can only see it in the Add hardware wizard and it has the exclamation point on it, indicating it's messed up. When I try to install it with the wizard, it says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)." Is there another way to fix it?

Edited by sygg13, 09 December 2008 - 12:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:43 PM

Try reseting the upper and lower filter keys
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 YHB318

YHB318

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:13 PM

I experienced this same problem in Vista Home Premium on my wife's Sony laptop. This fixed my problem.

#4 sygg13

sygg13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:23 AM

alright it worked! thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users