Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Response Lab 2009

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Heather5

Heather5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:13 PM

Hello, This is my 1st time posting, so I hope I'm in the correct area. I am having big trouble w/ my laptop. I believe I have been infected by Virus Response Lab 2009. I believe it came from a link I clicked on within Facebook. Here is what happened: I began to receive pop ups about being infected with spyware. It was all rogue & my IE was hijacked. There was a flashing red X in my taskbar & then it would go to a flashing blue question mark. I couldn't click on any websites. It would take me to a website I had never heard of. I rebooted my laptop & wasn't able to log back on under my profile. I couldn't do anything in Safe Mode & my last good configuration did not work either. It would allow me to log in, but I couldn't do anything. The buttons hardly worked. I booted in Debugging mode & was finally able to get somewhere.

I ran the latest version of AdAware. It did not find anything. I was still not able to connect to the internet & when I typed in an address it gave me a fake message that said I was infected with Virus Response Lab 2009 & click here to remove it...blah, blah, blah. I didn't, of course. :thumbsup: For some reason, I was able to connect to the internet for a brief time. I downloaded & ran the latest version of MalwareBytes. It found 72 different items & was able to clean all but about 8-10. It told me to reboot. I did & ever since then, I can not connect to the internet at all. I have stopped receiving popups & the rogue task bar icons are no longer there. I seem to be able to use all laptop functionality except for the internet. I have tried to install Spybot & Rogue Remover from my flash drive, but since I can't access the internet to update them, it fails. I'm at a total loss as to where to go from here.

When I run the IE diagnostic check to test connectivity, the final message tells me that "Windows cannot connect to the internet using HTTP, HTTPS or FTP." It may be worth noting that I have Trend Micro as my virus scan & when I ran a full scan last night it found a virus called Worm_Koobface.AC. It wouldn't clean it, but it was successfully quarantined. I am able to update my Trend Micro, which means I have some sort of internet connectivity. And my wireless connection icon is in the taskbar, lit up, saying my connectivity is connected & excellent. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. I've been working on this for 2 days now & frankly, I'm frustrated! Thank you for your help.

Edited by Heather5, 09 December 2008 - 04:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

welcom to this forum :thumbsup:

I downloaded & ran the latest version of MalwareBytes. It found 72 different items & was able to clean all but about 8-10.

can you maybe retrieve that scan report for someone to check for you ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users