Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message Popping up after software installation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Teenangel

Teenangel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:35 AM

I recently purchased a new version of a program I had been running (NeatWorks 4.0 from Neat Company). When I downloaded and installed it. It seemed to work satisfactorally, HOWEVER, I soon began to get an error message which pops up in the center of my screen.

NeatWorks is a program which scans and interprets receipts allowing them to be captured as images into a data file as well as the information being captured for use in figuring income taxes, etc. SO, it has scanner drivers built in to control the Neat scanner.

The error message is annoying because it just pops up at seemingly random intervals. And when it pops up it, of course, grabs the attention of the computer. SO if I am typing a posting for a blog, it interferes, or if I am surfing, or just doing anything. When it pops up, I clear it, and immediately it will go away and then pause a second or two and pop up again. When I clear the second occurrence, it stays away for a while.

That said, the error message is as follows:

=====================
TWAIN Data Source

Program was unable to load the necessary component and it's going to terminate. Please re-install your software.
=====================

In an attempt to solve this problem I, of course, contacted Neat Co. and they spent some time connected to my computer over the web, only to advise me that apparently my Canon MP970 Multi-function printer's scanner software was interfering with their scanner software.

No solution, just this observation.

I went to the Device Manager and disabled the MP970 Scanner Driver. No change.
I then disabled the Neat Scanner Driver. No change.

I then uninstalled the NeatWorks and re-installed it. Same Problem.
I then uninstalled the MP970 and re-installed it. Same Problem.
This is backwards of the original order of installation.

I am hoping there is some way to determine what is triggering the pop up of the EM. SO that the problem can be resolved.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users