Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SYMANTEC Live Update Administrator

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bleepingnetwork

bleepingnetwork

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:54 AM

I am haveing an issue with a recently installed Live update administrator and was wondering if any of you all have an Idea on what I can do to fix it. It appears as if the live update administrator is set up ok but I am unable to Distribute anything. Logs show that the update has downloaded and The tests show succes, I am able to reach the URL thats on the Default Production Distribution Center's setup page from all workstations through a web browser.

When logging into LUA I notice it shows My Symantec Products Overview With Download schedule overview and Distribution Schedule Coverage have the circle with the Line through it. meaning "Some products or components have been assigned to distribution centers and associated with download and distribution schedules." givin that and the other error that I am seeing in the event log refering to PostgreSQL, I am currently lost. I have installed and configured this a couple times now and and I am tapped on on what to try next. Please Help!!!

BleepingNetwork

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bleepingnetwork

bleepingnetwork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:52 AM

Certificates were the issue incase anyone wants to know

Edited by bleepingnetwork, 16 December 2008 - 02:52 AM.

#3 quatic

quatic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

i can relate....but when i live update...its taking forever to live update....is this normal?

#4 bleepingnetwork

bleepingnetwork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:04 AM

quatic,

Depending on the size of the network and how your pushing LU's. I imagine a test would be to see if your locally doing this it should go relatively fast, typically for me it take maybe 1 to 4 minutes at most per Workstation.

If your using LU Administrator make sure the distribution and DL scheduleing are at slightly different times, off peak hours would be the best.

I have read in recent weeks that if your doing the initial distro of The antivirus and LU, it could be about 10 minutes for the machine to install and setup the Live updates. not to mention I believe it does a quick scan on completion.

Whether your systems are getting it pushed from a local server, or pulling updates from symantec could be taking up a good amount of band width. I would assume using the local server would definately help out with the band width.

I don't know I could be way off in left field but thats my somewhat educated guess for a few thoughts on the matter.

Good Luck

BleepingNetwork

Edited by bleepingnetwork, 17 December 2008 - 07:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users