Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP service Pack 3 Error Code 0x8007F0F4

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 internationalhorizon

internationalhorizon

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:38 AM

Hi i'm having trouble doing the mircosoft update of windows XP service pack, i have been trying for a while now but each time i do it it comes up with failed - Error Code 0x8007F0F4

Anyone have any idea of what this could be?

Many Thanks

Mel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

Go to Start> Run and type in cmd, click OK. When the black page with white letters opens type in sfc /scannow and press Enter. Please notice the space between sfc and the /.

After the process completes, close out the window and perform another Microsoft Windows Update.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 internationalhorizon

internationalhorizon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:18 AM

Thanks

I have completed that but it still come up with the same error message when i try to down load it again

Any other suggestions?

#4 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:41 AM

See here.

#5 internationalhorizon

internationalhorizon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:45 AM

ok on my svcpack.log

it says Service Pack 3 Setup encountered an error: Service Pack 3 Setup has been canceled because XP SP3 cannot be installed over RDP 6.0 MUI PACK (Update for Windows XP (KB925877)) . Before you can continue, you must Uninstall KB925877.

But how do you go about uninstalling the above?

#6 internationalhorizon

internationalhorizon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:50 AM

don't worry i think i've found the instructions now sorry, didn't ready the full web page

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:59 AM

Go to Start> Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs. At the top of the page make sure that the Show Updates box has a check in it. Scroll down the page till you find KB925877 and uninstall it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 computerhead

computerhead

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:18 PM

I'm not getting this error code, but I do keep getting a Setup Error and a message that Access is Denied. I've tried turning off my firewall (ZoneAlarm), made sure Window's firewall wasn't on, disabled Spybot, disabled my antivirus Norton (and disconnected the dsl) and turned off any programs I could that start at start-up. This time I also did the sfc /scannow sequence, and did this from the Windows site: Step 1: Start the BITS service
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type services.msc in the Open box, and then click OK.
Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.
On the General tab in the Startup type box, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
In the Service status section of the properties dialog box, verify that the BITS service is started. If it is not started, click Start.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

I've tried not using the automatic download of the SP and have manually downloaded it. I continue to get the same error message each and every time. This is a home computer that I've been the primary user on for some time now.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how get the installation to work? And if not, how about a suggestion to have it permanently removed from my bottom right corner annoying me that I need to upgrade to it?

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:56 PM

Have you read this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717/ ?

The access denied error message is something I encountered when I installed RC1, but had no problem with the SP itself in final form. In my case, it was a video driver causing the problem. Take a look at the file on which the install halts and projects the error message.

Louis

#10 computerhead

computerhead

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:34 PM

That link helped because it got me going to another link that fixed it - thanks!

Here's the link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377/

Basically I had to do the option "advanced troubleshooting, Method One". After that everything performed perfectly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users