Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Trojan.Zlob.G?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 cjoo1225

cjoo1225

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:46 PM

well, i did what somebody told me to, and i downloaded combofix, and it seemed to have fixed my computer from this trojan...
So i got the Log from Combo Fix, and then i saw that we werent supposed to post a log from combofix so i downloaded Hijack this and this is my log..
Can somebody tell me if My computer is fixed? :D

Thanks a lot :D
I've been using my computer for a while, and i haven't gotten the popup for Trojan.Zlob.G yet and My browser doesnt say threat of virus attack when i open it anymore.

Edited by PropagandaPanda, 21 December 2008 - 04:45 AM.
Log removed per user's request.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cjoo1225

cjoo1225
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:00 PM

Title was: Infected with- Not sure what? and Zlob trojan, help please :'( ~ OB

So i recently got the Zlob Trojan, and when i ran combo fix, i stopped getting the pop up telling me to download this antivirus scanner that i have to pay for..
But just today i just visited a website for my research project and i think right after that, i started getting these pop ups and also this thing that tells me that i may have spyware and even if i click cancel or the red x, it automatically takes me to its website and shows a fake scan that says i have like 20 viruses...
so yeah here is my Log, and any help is appreciated because I'm afraid to use my computer like this :D

Edited by PropagandaPanda, 21 December 2008 - 04:46 AM.
Merge topics. ~ OB, Log removed per user's request.

#3 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:33 PM

Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda or PP for short), and I will be helping you with your log.

I apologize for the delay in response. We get overwhelmed with logs at times, but we are trying our best to keep up. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the Posted Image button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
  • Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.
  • If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
  • Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself.
  • Finally, please reply using the Posted Image button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.
Download and Run ATFCleaner
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune. This program will clear out temporary files before we run OTScanIt. You will likely be logged out of the forum where you are recieving help.

This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main Select Files to Delete choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use any other browsers, select them appropriately from the top and empty all items.
Download and Run OTScanIt
Download OTScanIt by OldTimer to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.
  • Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program. If you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator.
  • Check the Scan all users box at the top left.
  • Change the Rootkit Scan setting from "No" to Yes.
  • Click the Extras button under "Additional Scans".
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
  • Close Notepad (saving the change if necessary).
  • Use the Add Reply button in the forum and Attach the scan back here (do not copy/paste it as it will be too big to fit into the post). It will be located in the OTScanIt folder and named OTScanIt.txt.

Please also tell me of any changes you have made to your computer since your topic was started.

If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will need to close your topic.

With Regards,
The Panda

Important Note to Other Users Reading this Topic: The instructions provided in this topic below this point are for the original topic starter only. Even if you have similar problems or log entries to those given here, please do not follow the directions, especially those involving specific tools and scripts. Doing so can result in serious damage to your computer. Instead, please start your own topic. Feel free to link to any relevant topics as needed.

#4 cjoo1225

cjoo1225
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:06 PM

Ok i've attached the OTScanIt as well as another HijackThis Log, since you asked me if i made any changes since then... and i dont really know, so i'm just attaching it for just in case.
Also, sorry for the late response, i had to sleep when you replied and i had school.

Edited by PropagandaPanda, 21 December 2008 - 04:46 AM.

#5 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:02 PM

Nope, not gone quite yet.

Disable Realtime Protection
Antimalware programs can interfere with the tools we need to run. Please temporarily disable all realtime protections you have enabled. Refer to this page, if you are unsure how.

To disable Norton Antivirus.
  • Right click on thr Norton icon (Posted Image) beside your click and select Disable Auto-Protect.
  • Select a disabled duration of 5 hours to ensure that it will not interfere with this fix.
  • Click OK to apply the settings.
When done properly, you should recieve a pop-up warning saying that protection was disabled. The Norton icon should now look like Posted Image.

To disable SpyBot's TeaTimer:
You can find instructions with visuals here.
  • Run Spybot-S&D in Advanced Mode. If it is not already set to do this Go to the Mode menu select Advanced Mode.
  • On the left hand side, Click on Tools.
  • Click on the Resident icon in the list.
  • Uncheck Resident TeaTimer and OK any prompts.
  • Download ResetTeaTimer.bat and run it to remove entries set by TeaTimer. If you are not using Internet Explorer, you may not be prompted to download the file when you click it. In that case, right click it and select "Save Target/Link as" and save the file onto your desktop.
    The file should take only a second to finish. Delete this file after use.
Restart your computer for the changes to take affect.

Install ERUNT
This tool will create a complete backup of your registry. After every reboot, a new backup is created to ensure we have a safety net after each step. Do not delete these backups until we are finished.
  • Please download erunt-setup.exe to your desktop.
  • Double click erunt-setup.exe. Follow the prompts and allow ERUNT to be installed with the settings at default. If you do not want a Desktop icon, feel free to uncheck that. When asked if you want to create an ERUNT entry in the startup folder, answer Yes. You can delete the installation file after use.
  • Erunt will open when the installation is finished. Check all items to be backed up in the default location and click OK.
You can find a complete guide to using the program here:
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/erunt.txt

When we are finished with fixing your computer (I will make it clear when we are), you can uninstall ERUNT through Add/Remove Programs. The backups will be stored at C:\WINDOWS\erdnt, and will not be deleted when ERUNT is uninstalled.

Download The Avenger and Run Script
Please download The Avenger by Swandog46 to your Desktop.
  • Click on Avenger.zip to open the file
  • Right click and extract avenger.exe to your desktop
  • Start the Avenger by clicking on its icon on your desktop.
  • Copy all the text contained in the qoute box below to your Clipboard by highlighting it, right clicking and selecting Copy:
    Drivers to Disable:
    cmdService
    Network Monitor

Files to replace with dummy:
    %AppData%\Twain\Twain.exe
    %AppData%\gadcom\gadcom.exe
    %systemroot%\system32\digeste.dll

Registry keys to delete:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{15421B84-3488-49A7-AD18-CBF84A3EFAF6}
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{6D794CB4-C7CD-4c6f-BFDC-9B77AFBDC02C}
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{A6F4AB91-48FE-4089-935D-2DDD85AAA0EE}
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{ba139835-c948-4bb3-9f2c-f223f3fb84bc}
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\nnnmmjJy

Registry values to delete:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run | 786e7409
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks | {6D794CB4-C7CD-4c6f-BFDC-9B77AFBDC02C}
  • Click Posted Image to paste the script from the clipboard.
  • Click the Execute button
  • Answer Yes twice when prompted.
The process is completely automatic. Do not touch your computer until a log file opens.

The Avenger will do the following:
  • It will Restart your computer. (In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Unload", the Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
  • On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
  • After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avengerís actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt (considering your operating drive is C:). Post back with it in your next reply.
Run Fix with OTScanIt
We will run OTScanIt with directives. If you have lost your copy of OTScanIt, download it here and extract it like you did last time.
  • Double click the OTScanIt.exe icon in the OTScanIt folder on your desktop. If you are using Windows Vista, right click OTScanIt.exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • Copy the contents of the codebox below into the "Paste fix here" box.
    [Kill Explorer]
    [Processes - Safe List]
    YY -> command.exe -> %SystemRoot%\cGM\command.exe
    YY -> gadcom.exe -> %AppData%\gadcom\gadcom.exe
    [Win32 Services - Safe List]
    YY -> (cmdService) Command Service [Win32_Own | Auto | Running] -> %SystemRoot%\cGM\command.exe
    YY -> (Network Monitor) Network Monitor [Win32_Own | Auto | Running] -> %ProgramFiles%\Network Monitor\netmon.exe
    [Registry - Safe List]
    < BHO's [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
    NY -> {15421B84-3488-49A7-AD18-CBF84A3EFAF6} [HKLM] -> %ProgramFiles%\Webtools\webtools.dll [BHO Class]
    NY -> {6D794CB4-C7CD-4c6f-BFDC-9B77AFBDC02C} [HKLM] -> %SystemRoot%\system32\nnnmmjJy.dll [Reg Error: Value  does not exist or could not be read.]
    NY -> {A6F4AB91-48FE-4089-935D-2DDD85AAA0EE} [HKLM] -> %SystemRoot%\system32\mlJDtspN.dll [Reg Error: Value  does not exist or could not be read.]
    NY -> {ba139835-c948-4bb3-9f2c-f223f3fb84bc} [HKLM] -> %SystemRoot%\system32\aqfopz.dll [Reg Error: Value  does not exist or could not be read.]
    < Run [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    NY -> "786e7409" -> %SystemRoot%\system32\brvbcamg.dll [rundll32.exe "D:\WINDOWS\system32\brvbcamg.dll",b]
    < Run [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\] > -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    YY -> "gadcom" -> %AppData%\gadcom\gadcom.exe ["D:\Documents and Settings\pc-valley\Application Data\gadcom\gadcom.exe" 61A847B5BBF72815308B2B27128065E9C084320161C4661227A755E9C2933154389A]
    YY -> "Twain" -> %AppData%\Twain\Twain.exe [D:\Documents and Settings\pc-valley\Application Data\Twain\Twain.exe]
    < Run [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-484763869-1078145449-725345543-1003\] > -> HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-484763869-1078145449-725345543-1003\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    YY -> "gadcom" -> %AppData%\gadcom\gadcom.exe ["D:\Documents and Settings\pc-valley\Application Data\gadcom\gadcom.exe" 61A847B5BBF72815308B2B27128065E9C084320161C4661227A755E9C2933154389A]
    YY -> "Twain" -> %AppData%\Twain\Twain.exe [D:\Documents and Settings\pc-valley\Application Data\Twain\Twain.exe]
    < AppInit_DLLs [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\\AppInit_DLLs
    *AppInit_DLLs* -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\\AppInit_Dlls
    YY -> yjpieq.dll -> %SystemRoot%\system32\yjpieq.dll
    < AppInit_DLLs [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\\AppInit_DLLs
    < Winlogon\Notify settings [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\
    NY -> nnnmmjJy -> %SystemRoot%\system32\nnnmmjJy.dll
    < ShellExecuteHooks [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks
    NY -> "{6D794CB4-C7CD-4c6f-BFDC-9B77AFBDC02C}" [HKLM] -> %SystemRoot%\system32\nnnmmjJy.dll []
    < SecurityProviders [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\\SecurityProviders
    *SecurityProviders* -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\\SecurityProviders
    YN ->  digeste.dll -> 
    < SecurityProviders [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\\SecurityProviders
    < LSA Authentication Packages [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\\Authentication Packages
    *LSA Authentication Packages* -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\\Authentication Packages
    YY -> D:\WINDOWS\system32\mlJDtspN -> %SystemRoot%\system32\mlJDtspN.dll
    < LSA Authentication Packages [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\\Authentication Packages
    < MountPoints2 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] > -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2
    YN -> \{04337898-7383-11dd-8161-0015c56cbff9} -> 
    YN -> \{9261086e-2dd9-11dd-80e5-92737037bc24} -> 
    YN -> \{ad1759f4-3ce0-11dd-80fb-0015c56cbff9} -> 
    YN -> \{d19e813a-3726-11dd-80f6-0015c56cbff9} -> 
    YN -> \{d70fb488-c401-11dd-820c-0015c56cbff9} -> 
    [Files/Folders - Created Within 30 Days]
    NY -> xwehyr.dll -> %SystemRoot%\System32\xwehyr.dll
    NY -> gcthwmjm.dll -> %SystemRoot%\System32\gcthwmjm.dll
    NY -> gmacbvrb.ini -> %SystemRoot%\System32\gmacbvrb.ini
    NY -> brvbcamg.dll -> %SystemRoot%\System32\brvbcamg.dll
    NY -> atmtd.dll._ -> %SystemRoot%\System32\atmtd.dll._
    NY -> Twain -> %AppData%\Twain
    NY -> pimqqiqt.ini -> %SystemRoot%\System32\pimqqiqt.ini
    NY -> aqfopz.dll -> %SystemRoot%\System32\aqfopz.dll
    NY -> qfiqfndj.dll -> %SystemRoot%\System32\qfiqfndj.dll
    NY -> tlfxoauj.ini -> %SystemRoot%\System32\tlfxoauj.ini
    NY -> yjpieq.dll -> %SystemRoot%\System32\yjpieq.dll
    NY -> dqumstao.dll -> %SystemRoot%\System32\dqumstao.dll
    NY -> NpstDJlm.ini2 -> %SystemRoot%\System32\NpstDJlm.ini2
    NY -> NpstDJlm.ini -> %SystemRoot%\System32\NpstDJlm.ini
    NY -> mlJDtspN.dll -> %SystemRoot%\System32\mlJDtspN.dll
    NY -> gadcom -> %AppData%\gadcom
    NY -> uewidmcj.job -> %SystemRoot%\tasks\uewidmcj.job
    NY -> vtUkkjge.dll -> %SystemRoot%\System32\vtUkkjge.dll
    NY -> nnnmmjJy.dll -> %SystemRoot%\System32\nnnmmjJy.dll
    NY -> ~.exe -> %SystemRoot%\System32\~.exe
    NY -> tkvfd03.exe -> %SystemDrive%\tkvfd03.exe
    NY -> jllwp.com -> %SystemDrive%\jllwp.com
    NY -> elvwwk.exe -> %SystemDrive%\elvwwk.exe
    NY -> 00j.exe -> %SystemDrive%\00j.exe
    [Custom Items]
    :files
    %AppData%\gadcom\
    %AppData%\Twain\
    :end
    [Empty Temp Folders]
    [Reboot]
  • Close all windows except OTScanIt.
  • Click it Run Fix button.
When the fix is completed a message box will popup either telling you that it is finished, or that a reboot is needed to complete the fix. If the fix is complete, click OK and Notepad will open with a log of actions taken during the fix. Post that log back here in your next reply.

If a reboot is required, click the "Yes" button to reboot the machine. After the reboot, OTScanIt2 will finish moving any files that could not be moved during the fix. Notepad will open with the final results at that time. Post that log back here in your next reply.

Download and run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
If you already have MBAM installed, simply update and run a quick scan.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

You can refer to this page which has a visual of the instructions above.

Download and Run Scan with GMER
We will use GMER to scan for rootkits.
  • Download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.
  • Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.
  • Close all other running programs. There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
  • Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
  • Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
  • Click the >>>.
  • Click on Settings, then check the first five settings:
    • System Protection and Tracing
    • Processes
    • Save created processes to the log
    • Drivers
    • Save loaded drivers to the log
  • Click OK.
  • You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
After the reboot, run Gmer again and click on the Rootkit tab.
  • Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
  • Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for Show All.
  • Click on the Scan and wait for the scan to finish.
    Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan. You will know that the scan is done when the Stop buttons turns back to Scan.
  • When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose New>Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
  • Note: If you have any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode. However, do not use the MsConfig method to edit the Boot.ini.
Important!:Please do not select the Show all checkbox during the scan..

Re-enable your protection at this time.

Please post back with:
-The Avenger's process log
-the OTScanIt fix log
-the MalwareBytes log
-the GMER scan log
-a new OTscanIt scan log (settings at default, attached) You may run out of attachment space. If so, go to your Control Panel to remove your previous attachments to make room for new ones.

With Regards,
The Panda

#6 cjoo1225

cjoo1225
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:15 PM

Ok, i've finally uploaded all of the logs..
I think their all right.. lol
thanks a lot PP

#7 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:22 PM

Hello.

Looks much better.

Could you also take a new OTScanIt scan log?

Thanks,
The Panda

#8 cjoo1225

cjoo1225
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:32 PM

Sure, here it is, attached :D

#9 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:13 AM

Hello.

Please disable your protection again before we begin.

Paste this into the OTScanIt fix box and run:
[Registry - Safe List]
< BHO's [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
YN -> {6730C02B-7022-4E27-B4CC-A9C459758C0D} [HKLM] -> %SystemRoot%\system32\mlJDtspN.dll [Reg Error: Value  does not exist or could not be read.]
*AppInit_DLLs* -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\\AppInit_Dlls
YN -> gejatf.dll -> 
< MountPoints2 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] > -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2
YN -> \{d19e813b-3726-11dd-80f6-0015c56cbff9} ->

Run Scan with Kaspersky
Please do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner.

This scan is for Internet Explorer Only.

If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select Run as administrator to perform this scan.

• Please disable your realtime protection software before proceeding. Refer to this page if you are unsure how.
  • Open the Kaspersky Scanner page.
  • Click on Accept and install any components it needs.
  • The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
  • After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer
  • This will start the program and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
  • Now, click on the Save Report as button.
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.
You can refer to this animation by sundavis.

This scanner will only scan. It does not remove any malware it finds.

Please also post back with a new HijackThis log.

How is your computer running now?

With Regards,
The Panda

#10 cjoo1225

cjoo1225
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

Okay, i uploaded a hijackthis log, a new OTscan it log, and a kapersky log..
My computer runs pretty well.. as long as i've been using it since yesterday when i fixed it, i don't recall getting a pop-up..
However, the Kapersky scan says i still have a ton of viruses.. :thumbsup:
Thanks for your help so far PP :D

Edited by PropagandaPanda, 21 December 2008 - 04:47 AM.

#11 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:40 AM

Woah! What happened there?

Looks like they were older infections, so OTScanIt didn't notice them.

Please disable your protection again. By the way, is your Norton suscription still active?

Run this fix with OTScanIt:

[Custom Items]
:files
C:\dq.exe
C:\gsjwyue.com
C:\xnibxgr.exe
C:\w1hva13.exe
C:\bhbcdd29.exe
C:\no.com
C:\FOUND.001\FILE0000.CHK
C:\3hmhv2k.com
C:\FOUND.000\FILE0000.CHK
C:\3w3h2l.exe
C:\63.com
C:\n.exe
C:\p3.exe
C:\sdb.exe
C:\wpfdd.exe
C:\ut.com
C:\99hhs.com
C:\FOUND.002\FILE0000.CHK
C:\kwiun9.com
C:\3ocobbx.com
C:\81lysgt.exe
C:\2sx0df1f.exe
C:\cm.com
C:\6qaiu.com
C:\vyi.exe
C:\kw.com
C:\2ckhs.com
C:\FOUND.003\FILE0000.CHK
C:\b3t39gi.com
C:\FOUND.004\FILE0000.CHK
C:\FOUND.004\FILE0001.CHK
C:\0o.exe
C:\ox1cv3.exe
C:\w3t.exe
C:\oxc0xfr.exe
C:\jopnqbe2.com
C:\o2g.exe
C:\FOUND.005\FILE0000.CHK
C:\FOUND.005\FILE0001.CHK
C:\FOUND.005\FILE0003.CHK
C:\FOUND.005\FILE0004.CHK
C:\hnypt.com
C:\e6.exe
C:\dwg3gngs.exe
C:\vt2n8re.com
C:\lbb.com
C:\buis.exe
C:\FOUND.006\FILE0000.CHK
C:\FOUND.006\FILE0002.CHK
C:\ygitq.com
C:\FOUND.007\FILE0000.CHK
C:\FOUND.007\FILE0001.CHK
C:\cvcmpxm.com
C:\00j.exe
C:\FOUND.009\FILE0000.CHK
C:\elvwwk.exe
C:\jllwp.com
C:\asneg.com
C:\FOUND.010\FILE0000.CHK
C:\tkvfd03.exe
C:\yphhsp.cmd
D:\0o.exe
D:\2ckhs.com
D:\2sx0df1f.exe
D:\3hmhv2k.com
D:\3ocobbx.com
D:\3w3h2l.exe
D:\63.com
D:\6qaiu.com
D:\81lysgt.exe
D:\99hhs.com
D:\asneg.com
D:\b3t39gi.com
D:\bhbcdd29.exe
D:\buis.exe
D:\cm.com
D:\cvcmpxm.com
D:\Documents and Settings\pc-valley\Desktop\audrey\indiana jones.mp3
D:\Documents and Settings\pc-valley\Desktop\audrey\rush hour ost.mp3
D:\Documents and Settings\pc-valley\Desktop\audrey\saving private ryan.mp3
D:\dq.exe
D:\dwg3gngs.exe
D:\e6.exe
D:\hnypt.com
D:\jopnqbe2.com
D:\kw.com
D:\kwiun9.com
D:\lbb.com
D:\no.com
D:\ox1cv3.exe
D:\oxc0xfr.exe
D:\p3.exe
D:\sdb.exe
D:\ut.com
D:\vt2n8re.com
D:\vyi.exe
D:\w1hva13.exe
D:\w3t.exe
D:\WINDOWS\cGM\asappsrv.dll
D:\WINDOWS\system32\Bitkv2.dll
D:\WINDOWS\system32\Bitkv3.dll
D:\WINDOWS\system32\npgm0.dll
D:\WINDOWS\system32\nphg0.dll
D:\WINDOWS\system32\xpgm0.dll
D:\WINDOWS\system32\xpgm1.dll
D:\WINDOWS\system32\xphg0.dll
D:\wpfdd.exe
D:\xnibxgr.exe
D:\ygitq.com
:end

Download and Run FlashDisinfector
You may have a flash drive infection. These worms travel through your portable drives. If they have been connected to other machines, they may now be infected.
  • Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.

Download and run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
If you already have MBAM installed, simply update and run a quick scan.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

You can refer to this page which has a visual of the instructions above.

Don't forget to re-enable protection.

Please post back with:
-the OTScanIt fix log
-the MalwareBytes log
-a new OTScanIt scan log

With Regards,
The Panda

Edited by PropagandaPanda, 18 December 2008 - 12:43 AM.

#12 cjoo1225

cjoo1225
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:56 PM

Okay, I've uploaded the three things you asked me to and i think its all fixed after that OTScanit fix because Mbam didnt find anything..
And my subscription to Norton's subscription ends sometime in May 2009..
BUT, its like 2003 lol.

Attached Files

Edited by PropagandaPanda, 21 December 2008 - 04:48 AM.

#13 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

Hello.

That looks good :thumbsup: .

Disable SpyBot and run this fix with OTScanIt.
[Registry - Safe List]
*LSA Authentication Packages* -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\\Authentication Packages
YN -> D:\WINDOWS\system32\mlJDtspN -> 

Update Windows Installation
Your Microsoft Windows installation is out of date. Whenever a security problem in its software is found, Microsoft will create a patch for it. After the patch is installed, attackers can't use the vulnerability to install malicious software on your PC. Keeping up with these patches will help to prevent malware being installed on your computer.

Please click here to check for and install updates to Windows, and Microsoft applications. If you encounter any problems during the installation, please feel free to ask for help.

The update process uses ActiveX, so you will need to use Internet Explorer for it, and allow the ActiveX control that it wants to install.

Reboot and repeat the update process until there are no more updates to install.

Please post back a new HijackThis log after.

With Regards,
The Panda

#14 cjoo1225

cjoo1225
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:14 PM

Heres the OTScan it Scan
[Registry - Safe List]
Registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\\Authentication Packages:D:\WINDOWS\system32\mlJDtspN deleted successfully.
< End of fix log >
OTScanIt2 by OldTimer - Version 1.0.3.1 fix logfile created on 12192008_140507

and here is the Hijack this scan :D

I installed the active x and the thing from the microsoft website... so do you think im finally good now? :D

Edited by PropagandaPanda, 21 December 2008 - 04:48 AM.

#15 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:03 PM

Hello cjoo1225.

In terms of malware, you are clean :thumbsup: .

However, from the HijackThis log, you have not installed Service Pack 3 yet. I suggest you finish all the updates.

Otherwise, you are good to go.

Remove ERUNT Backups
You should remove all the backups that ERUNT has made. Those backups may contain old registry keys, possibly those created by malware.

Delete everything under:
C:\WINDOWS\erdnt\

ERUNT will automatically remove backups older than 30 days, so there is no need to clear that folder manually in the future.

It is a good idea to have ERUNT installed, even when you are not infected. Tasks like installing programs and changing settings, which involve working with the registry, can cause problems that can be quickly undone by reverting to a backup. However, if you wish to uninstall the program, do so using Add/Remove Programs.

Run Cleanup with OTScantIt
This will remove all the tools we used.
  • Double click the OTScanIt.exe icon in the OTScanIt folder on your desktop. If you are using Windows Vista, right click OTScanIt.exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • Click the CleanUp bottun.
  • Restart if prompted.
Set New System Restore Point
Now you should Set a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since System Restore is a protected directory, your tools can not access it to delete these bad files which sometimes can reinfect your system. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click System Restore.
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click Next. Give the R.P. a name then click Create. The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then go to Start > Run and type:
    cleanmgr
  • Click OK.
  • Click the More Options Tab.
  • Click Clean Up in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.
Preventing Malware Infection in the Future
Please take some time to look at the following links, giving some advice and suggestions for preventing future infections: For general slowness problems that you may have, take a look at Slow Computer/browser? It May Not Be Malware. Read How to use the Startup Database to identify and disable uneeded processes and increase the amount of available resources.

Do you have any further questions or concerns?

With Regards,
The Panda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users