Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TV Tuner Card in Acer Aspire L3600

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 teabie

teabie

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:29 PM

Dear Folks,

I've always had a TV in my room, so I never fiddled with the TV Tuner card in my PC.

Recently, I sold it off to make more room in my new place, and I have NO idea what to do to get the TV Tuner Card working. I just want to watch my local Austalian channels like ABC, Channels 7, 9 & 10, and SBS. Even better if I can receive international channels! Don't mind buying something which can do that.

Do I need antennas? What do I need to buy? Please do not assume I know anything. :thumbsup:

Thank you for your time.

Edited by teabie, 08 December 2008 - 07:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:44 PM

You probably need an antenna for OTA (Over the Air) broadcasts and software that can make use of the TV Tuner card.

What's the make and model of your PC and Tuner Card? Do you have Capture software installed for the Tuner card?

#3 teabie

teabie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:21 PM

Hello,

Thanks for replying!

It's an Acer Aspire L3600, and the specification says "TV TUNER Single MCE Digital TV Tuner + remote". I'm not sure if I have the Capture software, but the media aspect is under Acer.

#4 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:18 PM

What version of Windows are you running?

IF you right click on "My Computer" Click properties, and go to the Hardware tab and Click on Device Manager. See if you can find the Tuner Card.
It should be connected turned on. What's the Model of the card?

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

Do you get your cable through a coaxial cable, or through satellite? When I had a TV tuner card, all I needed to do was plug a coaxial cable (that is used to give your tv cable) into my card. Of course, the other end was connected to my cable line. After that, all you need is some software that will let you watch tv, as RandomUser stated, which the tv tuner card may have come with.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#6 teabie

teabie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:44 AM

Hello everyone,

I've checked. My TV tuner card is YUAN MPC788 Mini PCI Hybrid TV Tuner. It says it's functioning properly, and I've tried updating its driver. It says it's already updated.

I use Acer Arcade Live to search for channels, and also Windows Media Center, but both with no avail. I've plugged in a Sansai ATN-228 VHF|UHF Indoor Antenna to the computer.

Am I missing out on something?

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:53 PM

However you get TV...should connect directly to the card.

There should be a connection between the card and your sound card/chip, with the cable running IN to the sound card/chip, OUT from the capture card.

There has to be some program installed whereby you select channels viewed, etc.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users