Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can anyone tell me the name/term for this?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 indolence

indolence

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:17 PM

It's when a person has nothing to do or is idle and that person unintentionally takes out a gadget to preoccupy their time. For example: a student waits at a bus stop and unintentionally takes out his cell phone because he is bored.

It's kind of along with the concept of fiddling your thumbs, biting your nails, etc. and it can be anything "technology based" like blackberrys and ipods. and the term is not OCD.

My professor told me this awhile ago and i thought it was called "techno-boredom" but when I did a recent google search, I could not find it. I THINK he said it was a term dubbed out by Nextel.

Thanks in advanced.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sandyy

sandyy

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:15 AM

It's when a person has nothing to do or is idle and that person unintentionally takes out a gadget to preoccupy their time. For example: a student waits at a bus stop and unintentionally takes out his cell phone because he is bored.

It's kind of along with the concept of fiddling your thumbs, biting your nails, etc. and it can be anything "technology based" like blackberrys and ipods. and the term is not OCD.

My professor told me this awhile ago and i thought it was called "techno-boredom" but when I did a recent google search, I could not find it. I THINK he said it was a term dubbed out by Nextel.

Thanks in advanced.

Insecure, Nervous, Anxiety driven people tend to do such kinda things in public places. Such kind of people should talk to Counselors plain and simple.There is nothing techie about it.Yes its not OCD.Relax Counseling will work wonders....:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users