Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet explorer problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eatxc07

eatxc07

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:55 PM

Hi.....Suddenly started having problems with loading you tube and bleeping computer .com(these are the only two at the moment that i know off).These sites have just stopped working through int explorer..Everything is fine if i use mozilla...I type in address or google them and the screen goes blank as if its about to load but status bar at bottom only moves 1 or 2 bars and thats it..This seems to have coincided with a few recent blocked trojan attacks (by norton) and i have had a few pop ups all of a sudden..Have run full scan with norton which showed nothing and have ran ad-aware and spybot search and destroy and have fixed all errors but fault still the same.
Please help....Thanx....P.s other sites seem ok favourites etc that i know of.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:09 PM

Hi, you may not be fully clean yet go to http://doddpc.com and go to Malwarebytes and download Mlawarebytes-anti-malware. Update and run a full scan.
Then go to IE>tools>internet options>advandced>reset and also clear your browser cache.

Edited by Monty007, 08 December 2008 - 04:09 PM.

MCP
MSDST

#3 eatxc07

eatxc07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:30 PM

Thanx ....Tried the mlabytes and it showed up loads of faults which fixed ok ...Done the ie reset etc and youtube loaded straight away ...Tried again after 10 mins and now youtube will not load again ..Back to square one, except i have been through everyone of my favourites and they all load first time ,it just seems to be you tube !?

#4 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:53 PM

Hi, I would run another scan just ot make sure. In IE go to tools>internet options>general>browsing history>deleate. I would also try Fire Fox just to see if you have the same problem.
You will also need Adobe flash player as that has now been diabled.
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users