Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free and safe animated e-mail card site ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:14 PM

First I hope that I am not posting in the wrong place ! If so I apologize.

I am looking for an animated email card site for the Festive Season and wondered if experienced members here can make recommendations. I realize that some have special tool bars, require registration, and some can track you by the cards you send.
So I thought that I would ask users here who have more experience than I do of what they recommend and why ?

Thank you for your interest and time.

BTW, I am looking for a good cross section in types of cards....children, adults etc.

Cheers ! :thumbsup:
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alumbagh

alumbagh

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

I think Hallmark are safe, and have a very good selection.

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...cards%7CE-Cards

#3 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:23 PM

I think that you have to buy these. No ???

Thankyou !

#4 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:35 PM

Fun Cards which is now a part of Yahoo.com, seems to be okay. You will need to load a Yahoo toolbar to use the site, but I remove it after I am finished with whatever cards I have received or sent. You will still receive their e-mail about free e-card offers, but I don't get a lot of it.

#5 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:26 AM

Hmmm....sorry for this silly question, however I am not sure about adding a tool bar ?
I simply have Google?
I hope that this question does not seem ridiculous ...I just want to explain my experience.
Thank you.

#6 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:46 AM

Yes, of course, every time you add a tool bar from another browser, that is opening another avenue for infection by trojan horses. Fun cards sends relatively few ads, and sends reminders when you haven't opened the cards you have received yet. Since different kinds of cards appeal to different kinds of people, it's hard to say what someone else would find appealing.

I will check to see whether Blue Mountain is still in existence. I liked them a lot until they were bought out and many of their clever cards, which were at one time all free, had to be purchased.

will get back to you, Georgia.

#7 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

Blue Mountain is still in existence at www.bluemountain.com. Their cards used to be so good, they would be featured on cable news shows. I haven't used them in years, but you could check them out. Maybe somebody else at BC has used them more recently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users