Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ACER aspire 5520 Laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gob1

gob1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:13 PM

:thumbsup: Have an ACER Aspire 5520-5912 laptop, it has a extremley sensitive touchpad. At times when the parm of my hand is resting next to the touchpad without touching it a page or two will scroll. As normal it is out of warranty by a few days, they will not tlk about it. I have gone to the control panel clicked on mouse made changes and still does the same thing.
Also anyone have an idea on what max ram is for this? Oh ya I'm running Vista home prem.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,485 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:48 PM

I can't help you with the touchpad, but it looks like you have two expansion slots for RAM with a maximum of 2GB per slot. The motherboard will support 4GB of RAM, but unless you are using the 64-bit operating system the max that will be recognized will be about 3.5GB.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 gob1

gob1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:06 PM

:thumbsup: Thanks for the mem info, ACER really lacks in info,

#4 batteryfast

batteryfast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:37 AM

i'm fir from malaysia.. can this list of acer empowering tools work on my already installed XP acer Aspire 5220 Series Battery? i learn that it only works on vista? is it right? :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users