Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Rmove Vundo.gen!AC / Vundo.gen!Y

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 speedin78

speedin78

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:35 AM

I am running:

MS WindowsXP Pro SP2
Symantec Norton's Anti Virus 10 Corporate Edition
Windows Defender
Spybot S&D v1.4
(Also tried MS Live OneCare)

I have tried with no success to remove the the Vundo.gen!AC and Vundo.gen!Y viruses from my computer. All my antivirus software and antispyware apps seem to be able to identify that these are the infections but none of them can remove them! One other curious thing is that since my computer has been infected my Windows automatic updates has been disabled and will not come back on. I am new to the whole forum thing and am looking for some help. Where should I start?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 speedin78

speedin78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:40 PM

Is there anything wrong with my settings. I've had this post up for days now and no replies?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users