Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Angry Computer User - Average Experience

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 therocher

therocher

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:58 AM

Hello - I've been using a home computer for about 15 years and I have been angry for 15 years, particularly at Microsoft.

Troubleshooting help is almost nonexistent. I frequently get messages that something is wrong and I have no clue as to what I can do about it and can't find help anywhere. Unexplained things happen with some frequency. This was true with Windows 95 and 98 and now with XP.

Not looking for an answer here.....just venting. Thanx.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:24 AM

Welcome to BC
I'm sure our members can help you with any problems that you might have
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:26 AM

Venting is always allowed, but perhaps our Members can help diffuse your anger by providing advice and assistance with any problems you may have.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 TSalarek

TSalarek

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:09 PM

Venting is good....just as long as we don't let it get out of hand.

Personally I prefer Apple systems. I have a 1992 Mac Performa 475 (Mac OS 7.5.1) that surfs circles around both my WIN systems. I only own WIN because that's where all the debug money comes from ;)

I find that keeping in mind that WIN is a flawed copy of the Apple 1982 GUI OS helps when I'm about to pitch my WIN out the window.

(WIN isn't exactly pirated, but it's not exactly original to MS either) I doubt we'll be seeing a stable WIN machine anytime soon, but we can always hope!

Like the mods posted, if you need help with anything specific don't hesitate to ask...everyone on BC (that I've met so far) is really nice and willing to help. 'Course, if you just want a shoulder to cry in and an ear to complain in there should be someone around for that too ;)

Word to the wise on MS: they don't tech support their OS. the end user needs to get support from whoever built the machine. it sucks but thats the way the WIN crumbles ;) LOL

#5 therocher

therocher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for the replies and the encouragement. This appears to be a sincere and helpful site.

Question....what do you do if you post a problem as I did at 5:30 this morning (Monday) and don't hear from anyone? I have a malware problem that I can't get rid of (WINWEB) and I've seen other folks get replies to a similar problem.

Not complaining, just a new member who is not sure I'm doing the right thing to get help.

Thanks,

Peter

#6 TSalarek

TSalarek

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:15 PM

instead of double posting, can you post a link to the "problem" thread here?

edit: nm...I linked in through your profile and posted a response..hope it helps!!

Edited by TSalarek, 08 December 2008 - 08:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users