My aunt was running Windows XP installed on a 10gb hard drive. She needed more space so I helped her buy a 80gb hard drive.
Since everything was already setup the way she liked and it would be a hassle to re-install everything, I decided to do the following:
- Used Drive XML to backup the 10gb hard drive to my laptop in RAW mode (via external enclosure)
- Then using Drive XML, restored the image file to new 80gb hard drive (via external enclosure)
- Plugged the newly restored 80gb hard drive back into the desktop computer.
- Now when checking the properties of the 80gb hard drive, it is showing that 2gb are free out of 9.5gb.
- When I check in Disk Management, it shows the same info but in the bottom grid of Disk Management, it shows that it is a 80gb hard drive.
How do I then fix this so it registers all 80 gigs?
I have a feeling this happened since I backed up the drive in RAW mode, where it copied the full 10gb hard drive including the empty 2 gigs.
Thanks in advance!
Edited by ShortHairyMan, 08 December 2008 - 12:22 AM.