Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Old windows game, I think...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nicheekins

nicheekins

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

I'm trying to remember the name of this old windows game I used to play, at least I think it was a windows game. There was a "hero" who you could move from square to square (just a little icon) and attack monsters, pick up magic wands which may or may not have been cursed, pick up items etc. You started out in a little town and the moved into a mine/dungeon area, and then on to another town where you could sell things or buy potions to "reveal" items you picked up on. It's hard to remember specifics, but I remember you would input how far you wanted to go each time, and then would stop and fight as other squares with things got revealed. Or you could use a "light wand" that had only so many charges etc. Ringing any bells for anyone, please???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:28 PM

It very well could be angband... google it, other than that I got nothing

#3 nicheekins

nicheekins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:07 PM

Oooooh, way too advanced for the game I was thinking of, this was literally a bad graphics, move square by square into houses and through mines, really really old computer game. But thank you so much for trying!

#4 nicheekins

nicheekins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:26 PM

I found it!!! It's called "Castle of the Winds" and it's roguelike game, that's how I figured it out after finding a list on wikipedia! Thanks so much for suggesting Angband, that set me on the right track

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users