Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dead PSU Fan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 big_bopper180

big_bopper180

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

Hello all,

I'm getting new parts for my comp in two and a half weeks. However, the front intake fan on my PSU just died, and I can't get it going again. When it comes to my knowledge on computers, power supplies are where I'm lacking. What can/can't I do with this? I would assume that just surfing the net is ok, but is it alright to play games like Oblivion, Crysis, etc.? I just want it to last 2 1/2 weeks.

Edited by big_bopper180, 07 December 2008 - 09:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:56 PM

Keep an eye on your temperatures, you may be able to get by without the second fan for a bit. You can use an application like Speedfan to monitor the temperatures, and watch for anything unusual in your graphics when using applications that are heavy on resources like video games.

I would caution you in regards to attempting to make any repairs to the PSU, there are capacitors inside which can store line voltage charges for weeks and can be very dangerous if discharged to your body.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users