Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extension Association Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:24 PM

I use Corel 12 to manipulate images as well as correct problems in digital images. I have never had a problem before in having my .jpg and .gif images open in Corel PhotoPaint.

For some reason I cannot associate these extensions with Corel 12. I have gone to default programs and chose "associate a file type with a program" but it will not set Corel 12 Photo Paint as the default to open that image with.

It used to but for some reason it won't work now. Does anyone have any ideas why? Thanks for your assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:34 PM

you probably installed a different program that made the file extensions associated with it only.

What does it do that it won't set Corel as the default to open that type with? does it say it has, but hasn't, or does it give an error message?

Perhaps you need to restart your computer for those changes to take effect?

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users