Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partition Management

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zen00

Zen00

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

Hi, I currently am running Vista 32bit, I have three partitions on my hard drive, c,d, and e, all in NTFS format.

I have my operating system on C:, but am running out of space for it real quick. E: has a lot of free space for use, but isn't using it. I want to take that free space from E: and give it to C:.

I tried using windows disc management to do it, shrunk E: by 5gb, but that didn't really do anything as I couldn't append it to C: as D and E:'s are in the way.

I'm looking for an application that will help me to move the partitions around till I have that 5gb of added space on C:. I've heard of Partition Magic, and apparently it works, for a price. What free ware programs have you used that would do the trick for me instead?
This space will eventually have something very cool to fill it up, but not right now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:45 AM

Gparted
http://gparted.sourceforge.net/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Zen00

Zen00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:09 PM

Yeah, I saw that, is there a windows install, because I don't know how to work with those tarbells, and that's all I saw.
This space will eventually have something very cool to fill it up, but not right now.

#4 juanmotime

juanmotime

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

I'll say up front that I haven't used this app, but it got a good review by Download.com's editors. It's called Easeus Partition Manager. It's available at Download.com.

#5 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:38 AM

I have used Easeus partition manager on my laptop and it worked great. I did see some reviews where it did not work on 64 bit windows but most people have 32 bit. It's a free program and I highly suggest backing up all important data just in case you have problems with it.. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users