Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help with creating a network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jhale316

jhale316

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:06 PM

First off I'll describe what I'm trying to do, then I'll list off the equipment I have. What I'm trying to do is network my pc with my 360, so that I can get my mp3's and video clips off of my computer. My main pc is in the same room as my 360 but the router and modem are in a separate room. The main pc connects wirelessly and the 360 is hard wired. I have Netgear WGR614 v7. What settings do I need to change in my pc, router, and 360 for them all to "talk". Before anyone suggests using WMP11, I've done that. When i open WMP11 and do the share my files thing and check the check box, my 360 doesn't appear, it just remains blank. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

BTW.
If you need anymore information that isn't here, write to me or reply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

Hi, funny I was looking for the same thing and I found the solution. I just ran through the Win 11 player and it found my Xbox360 fine. Do you have file sharing enable in your firewall? Xbox turned on?

Edited by Monty007, 09 December 2008 - 07:50 PM.

MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users