Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HJT Hotkey infection? HJT Reader infection?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CCRN396

CCRN396

• Members
  • 505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

Hello,
Adaware 2008 has picked up the following virus: Win32.Trojan.Spy

[205260] File: C:\Program Files (x86)\HJTHotkey\HJTHotkey.exe

This is surprising because it's located in the HJT hotkey program which I downloaded from what I consider to be a very reliable source who scan their files for malware. This file is also old (from 2005). Could this be a false positive? I have alerted the Website. Has anyone else encountered this?

Also SAS picked up : Trojan.Dropper/Gen in my HJT Reader program. C:\USERS\JACK\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\TEMP1_HJRED103.ZIP\HIJACKREADER.EXE
Again from the same download source. This file has also been around for awhile. A False positive?? Two false positives in a HJT helper program?? Seems kinda like a good place to hide a trojan...

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:44 PM

HJTHotkey is... imho.. trash. It's not been updated in forever. And I wouldnt know if the server that was hosting it was trashed or not.
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#3 SNOWHITE

SNOWHITE

missy malware magnet

• Members
  • 2,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:46 PM

HJTHotkey is... imho.. trash. It's not been updated in forever. And I wouldnt know if the server that was hosting it was trashed or not.

How can you say HJTHotkey is trash, there are many of us still using it for searches both google and excite.. the tool has other uses too also its not nice to say for someone that is known to some malware removal communities that somehting he created in past and was of great help of many helpers that is trash :thumbsup:

Please pick you words good before giving epithets like trash etc.
SNOWHITE
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users