Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Call of Duty 4: modern Warfare controller help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jaysnzees

jaysnzees

• Members
  • 310 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

I bought a Phillips pc controller SGC2909BB/27 and I wold like someone to help me with unsing it for COD4.

I was in a COD4 forum and people said they use various controllers for the game, I am just having trouble finding how to

configure it.

thanks
jz
What is thy bidding? My Master?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:58 PM

Did the controller come with some sort of software? Also, is the game detecting the controller if you go into options?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 jaysnzees

jaysnzees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 310 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:46 PM

yes it came with installation software, and the game is NOt recognizing it. Someone on BC here says that controller is supported by Vista only, yet the packaging says Vista, 98 Se, ME, 2000 or Xp operating systems.

Sigh

#4 jaysnzees

jaysnzees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 310 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:31 PM

I found a website :

http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

Claiming you can play any PC game with their software using PC ready controllers, and even XBOX & other game

controllers. I don't know if its worth $19.99 though. I may try it, but I may look for a free version too. What a cheap

skate, huh?

If anyone knows of a good program like this for free that would be great news.

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:39 PM

Does the controller work with other games? If you go into control panel, and click game controllers, does it come up?

If all else fails, I've tried pinnacle and it is a pretty cool program. I still prefer a mouse and keyboard though, so I never bought it.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#6 jaysnzees

jaysnzees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 310 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:43 PM

Yeah, that's what I was wondering...my son & I rocked on the old N64, & PS2 games, and we have COD4 on PC. Been playing it for a while, but I saw the controller in the Wal mart and bought it on a whim.

BTW- what is X-Fire? Someone thought I had it for some reason...I got off a sweeeet head shot really by accident and he thought I had an aimbot and wanted to know if I had X-fire. I thought he was talking about some hack.

thx
jz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users