Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP crashing , Firefox won't restore session

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lyanthya

Lyanthya

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:52 AM

For the past 3 or 4 days, XP on my Toshiba Satellite has been crashing frequently, flashing a blue screen, and restarting. The blue screen is never up long enough to read, and after the system restarts Firefox won't restore my session--it starts a new session, which is a serious pain in the butt. The crashes don't seem to be related to anything I'm doing. Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scissorhands7

scissorhands7

• Banned
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:01 PM

When your browser frequently crashes usually it is the result of an add-on.

Try disabling all addons in firefox and then slowly re-adding them one by one until you find which one is causing the problems.

This could easily be malware or an infection so if I were you I'd open a thread in the am i infected forum

Go in the System Properties | Advanced | Startup and Recovery and change
the option to have the computer Automatically restart on system failure,
configure it to halt on the BSOD then post the contents of the BSOD to
your next post.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,289 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:35 PM

Do the following to enable generation of an error message ICW the BSOD: Disable Auto Reboot On System Crash - http://www.theeldergeek.com/auto_reboot_on_system_crash.htm

Error messages provide clues to what the problem might be.

After the next crash, check Event Viewer for pertinent errors.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Double-click on the pertinent line item and post the details here.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users