Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After removing TDSServ, discovered mystery service ZKSYW

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LeftCoast_Dave

LeftCoast_Dave

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:49 AM

Hi,
I caught a rash of problems, TDSServ among them, a while back on a vanilla desktop running Win XP Pro, sp3 + latest updates on a modest LAN. (Other computers were unaffected) Seems like I finally got rid of the most persistent junk with SDFix (whoo-hoo! :thumbsup: ).

However, I see a component service I've not noticed before, nor can locate any info on, namely "ZKSYW". There is no info on it in the Services list, and it is set to start Manually.

I could sure use some (plausibly sage :flowers: ) advice as to what to do with this thing, much less what its purpose is.

Many, many thanks --- Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:25 AM

You are most likely still infected. Given what you said you have already done, I would follow these directions:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Then post the log in the proper forum here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 LeftCoast_Dave

LeftCoast_Dave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

Thank you, Mark - I'll get on it tonight (Sunday). Is it appropriate to close this topic? I don't think I as a member - newbie at that - can do it.

Regards,
Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users