Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start-up freeze after virus response 2009 removal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jodymack

jodymack

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:28 PM

Well, I got hit with the koobface virus, which then attached the virus response 2009 spyware. A friend came over today and we spent 10 hours hacking on the computer and believe that
the viruses are gone (tinyproxy.exe, bolivar 28, and avrlabs.exe) but now my computer will
not function except in the safe mode with networking! :trumpet:

When I boot up in normal mode, it freezes at the wallpaper stage and will not boot any further.
I have barely an idea how I got all the malicious off after multiple calls to microsoft, but am
now at a grinding halt on how to get the freezing to stop. Someone helping today suggested
stripping my hard drive and reconfiguring it......NO WAY!! :thumbsup:

I have Zone Labs for my saftey and ran the malwarebytes, ewido, and saftey.live.com, to get rid of the initial
problems, but can someone help me with the frozen start-up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Honestly, what motivates these rotten people to do this to others? :flowers:

Thanks so much from a novice user!
Jody

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scissorhands7

scissorhands7

• Banned
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:16 AM

Suggestion one.

In safe mode try going to start - run - and type sfc /scannow

Insert your xp cd and repair whatever needs to be repaired.

This may still be infected so I suggest opening a thread in the AM I Infected forum.

#3 pcpickupmi

pcpickupmi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

Were you able to get this fixed or was a reload required? I have been seeing more and more of this problem in the last week and I have just been reloading them for my customers

#4 fzyp0t

fzyp0t

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:43 PM

My computer is also freeze at the start-up screen. The Ariva Antivir software is hung up in a do loop of error messages with two different files it calls trojans. I would apprepriate knowing what you've found to fix it, if anything. Thx!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users