Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible MB problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fujimo24

Fujimo24

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:14 PM

I have a Compaq sr2023WM with a A8M2N-LA MB. When I turned it on this morning there was no display and no post. I have tried a different psu, removed the ram, cleared the cmos, and even taken the MB out removed everything except the processor and still no post or video. I think the MB or CPU is gone but just checking for any other suggestions. The odd thing is that as soon as I plug power to the psu it starts the cpu fan. Again, the only thing plugged in is the 4 pin power to the board, and the 20pin connector to the board. Ram is out and everything else is out. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:35 PM

I would say it's most likely the motherboard failing. I've never seen a processor fail (I'm sure it happens though) but I've seen many dead motherboards. I've had a motherboard that would let the fan's spin up, and the light come on the computer, but it would not post.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Fujimo24

Fujimo24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:18 AM

Yea, going to look for a new MB, thanks for the reply Sterling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users