Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DivX web player problem + full screen video minimizes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff_M

Jeff_M

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

hi, i am having 2 problems with video i suspect might be related:
both started at or recently after i had to reboot my windows from disc due to a massively debilitating virus/malware attack.

1. I am no longer able to play divX webplayer movies, if i try to stream divx in FF or IE it instantly crashes my browser.
My stand alone divx player works fine. I have tried reinstalling divx several times and even tried an archive version with no success.

2. When i am watching full screen streaming video the video will without cause minimize to small screen, the video continues to play.

I have updated all my drivers ( i think) as i suspected my video card as the culprit..but so far no success and i am really annoyed at this point, especially since divX videos are one of my fav formats for web vids....and the minimizing screen thing is driving me crazy...please, please somebody more knowledgeable than me help :flowers:

I run XP home, FF and will supply any additional info needed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:44 PM

I saw your other post and you may still be infected. Even if you're not, this kind of thing is frequently an after effect of the malware. So there may not be a solution short of reinstalling Windows. I don't know what you did about the malware, if you had help, posted a Hijack This log etc. but the malware is the likely cause of your problems.

Edited by frankp316, 06 December 2008 - 06:45 PM.

#3 Jeff_M

Jeff_M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:08 PM

ok, to rid the original problem i rebooted from disc and then ran an antivirus.antimalware program..it currently claims to be clean. I didnt really get any help doing it other than asking a few computer savvy friends opinions.

should i post a hijack this log?
or try another antimalware program?
or just go for the reboot windows?

Edited by Jeff_M, 06 December 2008 - 07:09 PM.

#4 Jeff_M

Jeff_M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:50 PM

ok, i ran another malware/virus program other than the one i have/had and it says i am clean.
Is it possible that it is not a virus/malware causing my problem?

I will go thru all the steps listed in the malware section and post both reports if you think that is needed.

i have a noob question: how could a virus leave traces after i rebooted from disc and reformatted my hard drive?
Doesn't that completely erase the hard drive?

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:33 AM

I think you should post in Am I Infected and get expert help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users