Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trouble with firefox

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shinar

shinar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

I am running windows xp media edition .. recently about 1/2 hour after i boot up my computer i am unable to access my home page.. my hot mail account or my g mail account
on the home page.. says cant find on hot mail.. all garbled on g mail.. have to use basic g mail as html wont work .

I then reboot my machine and it all works fine .. for about 1/2 hour or so.. ran virus scan with norton ran spybot and ad aware ..
still does the same thing

re installed mozilla fire fox ver 3.04 i think and still does the same thing . is it a registry error ..

anyone have any ideas ..

thanks for any and all help *S*

ciao

rich

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scissorhands7

scissorhands7

• Banned
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:46 PM

You're gonna have to post way more than this and be much more descriptive if you want help.

What do you mean unable to access your home page? Can you access other pages?

Give the error line when you look for your email

Post your processes *HiJackThis Log* and I can begin to help.

#3 shinar

shinar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:54 PM

hey thanks.. not sure what or how this forum worked. I will gather more info and return with
something you can work with . thanks for the advice

rich

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:57 PM

scissorhands7,
DO NOT SUGGEST POSTING A HIJACK THIS LOG TO ANYONE. It may not be necessary.
Also, do not tell a poster that you can help with HJT logs. The only people at BC allowed to analyze HJT logs are the Hijack This team, and ONLY in the HJT forum. They have been through an extensive training program for HJT. You are not qualified to analyze HJT logs here at BC.

To shinar: Ignore the advice given to post a HJT log. If it is needed, a malware removal expert will instruct you to run HJT.

#5 scissorhands7

scissorhands7

• Banned
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:59 PM

My apologies, I was unaware that it was such a restrictive ordeal on this forum.

Generally its a lot easier (for me personally) to understand a problem if I can rule things out. If I can rule out that he's infected with a ware I can begin to arrive at a solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users