Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Guard 2008 wont stay gone

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jimbuckley2

jimbuckley2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

Hi, All

My son's computer suddenly ended up with Spyware Guard 2008 and Virus Response Lab 2009 on it. This is his work computer on which he is starting a non-profit business to help some of the Untouchable people in Nepal.

I was able to run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware program on his computer. The Virus Response Lab 2009 seems to have been permanently removed. However the Spyware Guard 2008 goes away with the scan but comes back to life with the next reboot. I have tried running in Safe Mode and using the Anti-malware to remove all signs of the problem, including doing a deep scan once, and it says it is gone, but it comes back with the next use.

I have tried to do a system restore to a date prior to when these programs showed up but I keep getting a message saying that it was not able to restore to the earlier date -- but no reason as to why?

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas that I can try to help him get back up and running?

Any and all help appreciated.

Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users