Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer.exe keeps exiting and restarting again!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CarbonX

CarbonX

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:12 PM

Hi, i have recently run an avast boot scan and deleted all of the traces that came up, these included a couple of rootkits + trojans. Now i reboot and my system just shows a plain background (no keyboard shortcuts work).

Then i restored it to the last system configuration.. and it worked for me, i managed to load up task manager before it exited again.

Now it just keep's doing the same thing.. exiting and opening.. and then it just stops.

No idea why.. but this happened after an avast boot scan, and i am currently writing this without explorer.exe running..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CarbonX

CarbonX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:59 AM

Bump! Please help!

#3 CarbonX

CarbonX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:50 PM

Never mind, fixed it myself.

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:13 PM

Could you kindly tell us what you did to fix it :thumbsup:

#5 CarbonX

CarbonX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:14 PM

I used AVG, which found a couple of trojans, and it deleted them. (This fixed the explorer.exe from crashing, but it still did not load on startup)
Then i used Malwarebytes to remove Vundo (which was attached to explorer.exe) and everything was good. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users