Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am in seroius need of help with trojan, virus etc. I try to get on the net and recieve (microsoft security center)........

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bronbron

bronbron

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:54 PM

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST ....

Okay I really, really need someone's help to make a long story short
I moved to pa after my house burnt down in Arizona I am trying to get on my feet here. I have no cash and no resources what so ever when I came here.
My mother and father have a dell computer there cd/dvd drive doesnt work and
so I have a cd/r with a program on it I needed to install on their computer so that I could use my program to open all my documents I made in Arizona. I thus went onto myspace computer forums and people told me to go to this site or that site and try to download a copy of the program I am using.
Well now my life is a horrible mess. I went to piratebay.org I have some kind of malware, trojan, bug virus you name it. There was something called (interval hehehe) that would pop up so I system restored to a earlier version and now....
Everytime I when I log onto microsoft internet explorer there is a screen that pops up with microsoft security center and it wont let me go to any other page. it forwards when you click it to www.antispy.com. I cannot get on google to google anything, I cant log onto my email from yahoo it wont connect, myspace or nothing. I had to go to the library to get on here :thumbsup: So thus I went to another forum and they said to download malwarebot, maleware bytes etc. so I did and it said it would guarantee to take off all bugs etc., but after it runs it course they try to charge 40.00 that I dont have. I used to have 2 operating systems xp and vista but they burnt up in the fire. So thus I tried installing a freeware program called "A squared" (emsisoft.com/en/software/free)
that is free and guarantees to remove everything and anything and that did not work The A square program is finding a bunch of them but when I delete them or I quarantine them they come right back... and the same microsoft message comes up.... I have tried mcfee virus scan, adaware, I have even tried microsoft malicious malware download tool (http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwarer...e/default.mspx).
Then I used pcpitstop exterminate that supposedly finds the file and the file it showed me was (trojan-psw.win32.agent.ani)
But again to remove it it will cost me 40 bucks.
1. I dont have the money as I am looking for a job right now i just got here 4 days ago 2. I need the computer to do my resumes, my fliers my work etc. so I am completely stuck out can some one please help me.
THE OTHER PROBLEM IS WHEN I DO GET SOME MONEY...... What will work? Do I have to Buy another operating system and re install it or is there such a free - ware program that will take this crap off? Or what program can I buy when I get some money to guarantee it will take it off? If I have to break the news to my parents and tell them i accidently broke their computer that is fine but I dont want to look like a ideot when I reassure them i will fix it and take 30 to 50.00 and get some program and it does not fix it....

What a predicament
I am in...... any suggestions....
I even thought about trying to just buy a REAL COPY OF WINDOWS XP ON EBAY AND THEN RE INSTALL THE WHOLE SYSTEM.....
I dont know.....

BTW the computer details are below:
Dell Dimension E 510 Pentium 4 3.0 her operating system is windows xp service pack 3
the virus software that came with her internet connection is mcafee
my mother's internet is comcast
Also I know a little bit about computer's but I am not a guru can you please explain to me how to fix this easiest is best.... thank you Kindly! If I am missing anything sorry just let me know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:18 PM

Hi,

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

#3 ^eRrOR^

^eRrOR^

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:10 PM

Hi,

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2

• Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

You should also remove HOST file from x:\windows\system32\etc\ as thats where your sites are being redirected from, I would then make a new one, no text inside, and save it and then make it READ ONLY, this will stop your browser going to where it shouldn't

#4 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:15 PM

That's not needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users