Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows not shutting down

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 omaroo

omaroo

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:07 PM

please can anyone help me with this problem, i have not been able to shut down my windows for a couple of days. What is happening.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:58 PM

Before You Post About Problem - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18366/before-you-post-about-a-problem/

Louis

#3 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:35 PM

i read the thread what have i done wrong. I got a problem with shutting down and i want help in finding a solution. I also keeping getting this message "cycle redundancy check" when extracting a file. What is wrong.

Edited by omaroo, 06 December 2008 - 03:52 PM.

#4 scissorhands7

scissorhands7

• Banned
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:08 PM

As much as you might think there is only one set problem with everything, there isn't.

Therefore before posting a help me thread make sure to include everything possible about the thread including an indepth description of the problem

The further you describe it the better people can help.

Also googling a problem before asking for help tends to make many of us happier.

Explain what you mean by you can't shut it down.

1. It won't shut down normally and you have to power it off.
2. You get many "Task ending" buttons and it takes forever
3. Pressing the shutdown button does nothing

etc.

#5 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

ok my bad. It wont shut down normally so i have to power it off my self. Also when i do shut it down it does nothing and i keep getting message cycle redundancy check.

#6 scissorhands7

scissorhands7

• Banned
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:59 PM

When you say "won't shut down normally" describe in a paragraph of 200 characters or more what goes on when you hit the shutdown button.

Also this may help with your unzipping problem
http://cc.oulu.fi/~jarioksa/softhelp/zipworry.htm

What browser are you using to download these zip files and where are you downloading them to?

Additionally if possible include screencaps/photos of your shutdown process.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

Explanation of CRC errors: http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/cyclic-redundancy.html

When most people get these...they usually relate to the insability of the system to read/transfer data properly and, as stated, are often related to media like CDs and DVDs.

If I received such message and it related to a hard drive, I would run a manufacturer's diagnostic on that hard drive.

Hard Drive Installation and Diagnostic Tools - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28744/hard-drive-installation-and-diagnostic-tools/

Louis

#8 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:25 AM

well i managed to fix the problem. I thought someone could help me in the simpliest form possible. But from the posts from members i am confused with what u are saying. That CRC error was by me downloading a file from i music website and extracting it from firefox. But everything is ok.

#9 StickDude101

StickDude101

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:27 PM

Try executing the shutdown command from the Command Line (RUN)

Goto your RUN IN START MENU button and type:

tsshutdn 0 /DELAY:0

~StickDude101

Good job fixing your problem. Sorry we couldn't be more usefull!

~StickDude101

Edited by StickDude101, 11 December 2008 - 03:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users