I've spent the probably three hours on the phone with a Dell technician in the last 24 hours and WAY too much time on this. I'm so ready to be done . . .
He was able to finally get me to access the internet temporarily and installed various other scanners that found things that SpywareRemover NEVER found. My computer was so infected with rogue applications that he says it's amazing that my computer is even running at all. System restore never works.
After he got me up & running I lost connection again this morning, but was able to use the ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew commands to get it open. But the internet seems to be really "iffy" and sometimes it times out or won't go to the next page. So I'm hurriedly trying to get this posted before I get wiped out again!!
He tells me that the program SpywareRemover in itself is creating some of this. However --- I have several issues in trying to remove it.
1. It's listed in my Control Panel (also in Add/Remove Programs, but I also see it when I open Control Panel), but my Control Panel doesn't give me the option to delete it.
2. It comes up under Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, but no Change button is present (as is the case with many of the programs in Control Programs right now), so I can't delete it from there. I think the root of the problem is in my Control Panel somewhere.
3. SpywareRemover is not listed in my Programs Folder.
4. SpywareRemover is not listed in my Start Menu, so there's not an uninstall application there.
5. I've tried using SystemMechanic to uninstall it, but that of course explores your hard drive for it, and it's not listed there (at least not in a way that I recognize it).
Help!! How do I . . .
A, get rid of this thing from my Control Panel, and
B, fix my Add/Remove Programs??