Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am lost a little here

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kdt333

kdt333

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:03 PM

Ok , basically ,My MB has an onboard realtec soundcard ,this pc was given to me from bro in law who ,that is his trade (built it outta leftovers) well ,it did not have the 15 pin port for like ,a joystick ,nor could I add a 2 usb with port ,down from big 15 to little one ,ummmm...
So i bought a 20.00 diamond sound card with gaming port ,and sound card works fine but cant get the old wingman extreme digital 3d ,joystick to be found...work ,whatever ,lol have a ? on other devices and when expanded ,the ? gos down to mul timedia audio controller there , I did uninstall the realtec audio onboard ,but the cd that came with the new sound card ,does not autostart ,even though it should...I am lol ,not a complete noob ,but im lost ,the joystick ,if good ,should have been picked up ...It is like sound part of card works but not reading 15 pin gaming port...

Please help , lol ,You just dont know ,...

Thanks,....KDT333

xp home ,2.5 g . athlon 64

Edited by kdt333, 05 December 2008 - 11:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kdt333

kdt333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:26 PM

Ok ,so I read where to disable my onboard in bios, done, nnow device manager ,look better ,(those are gone) and one remains ,I did not see before , it says ,under sound ,video and game contr. it has an ! down at standard game port.
So I disabled onboard and got rid of te other two ,now , I just need to get this going, (logitech stick) their profiler wasnt working ,not finding it ....

Thanks, lol

#3 kdt333

kdt333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:22 AM

ok ,well maybe more news ,ummm almost 12 hours on this and no go ,my new info by my observance...
I will just start fresh .... Running Win xp Home SP3
MOBO -K8NHA-Grand
Processor Name: AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3400+
Videocard Name: NVIDIA GeForce 6200
Installed Memory: 1,023.48 MB

I was given a joystick- Logitech wingman Extreme Digital 3d ,it has the 15 pin plug ,gaming port
My pc does not ,...and it has an onboard souncard realtec

I figured I could get a cheap (Diamond Xtreme Sound 5.1 /16 bit soundcard...
which I did ,then I disabled onboard SC. Install new card and autorun cd doesnt work and if I hit open it opens with all the options as to what to open it with ,so bypassing it to autorun ,I installed new drivers for card ,and the card will work fine ,on the sound part ,but the gaming port wont show up in device manager ....But if I let windows search for driver it gets one from ms and it too works ,but it does say yellow ! standard gaming port and then this,
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.
I have searched and searched and cannot contact my family tech at the moment...
I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I get nothing outta this port...

any clues?
any guess's?

Thanks...KDT333
all I want is to use this stick ,its the only port...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users