Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Printer effects mouse

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 unclemarine

unclemarine

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:35 PM

Hi again:
I was not sure about having two problems in the same post so I'm sending another post.
Computer, Dell Dimension #2400, 80G hard-drive 250G WD external drive, 512MB Memory, Logitech cordeless Mouse & Keyboard, HP 6122 Desk-Jet printer.
Here's what's happening; when the printer is printer the computer cannot be used ie. the mouse will move very slow and it's difficult to control it's movement in addition you cannot click on anything or use the scroll wheel. After the printer has finished every thing goes back to normal. This is something that started 5 or 6 months ago, everything worked fine for several years.
I had talked with HP and their answer was to connect the printer with a UBS cable instead of the usual printer cable, this did not seem to me a logical answer, because the printer worked for 5 years as is.
I hope that there is an answer, out there, for this.
UncleMarine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:03 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...p;product=83027

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpd09858.pdf

According to the manual, you can connect via parallel or USB. I would suspect that USB connections are quicker, parallel ports are going the way of the dinosaur. I would switch to a USB connection for that reason alone.

You probably just need to replace your printer driver, from the first link above. To do so, just uninstall the printer...uninstall any HP software that pertains to the printer...then install the driver from the link above. Make sure that you click the right driver for download.

Louis

#3 unclemarine

unclemarine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:40 PM

Thanks hamluis:
That sounds like a plan. I will give that a try and let you know what happens.
Uncle Marine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users