Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway MX3410 laptop reassembly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rsd79

rsd79

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:16 PM

I recently, disassembled the LCD panel of my Laptop to install a new LCD screen. However, when I was going to reassemble it, I found this small magnetic bar that seems to be misplaced, in terms of its location on the LCD panel.

I did a google search and found out that it may be a magnetic switch that turns the laptop off, when the lid is closed. Where is the magnetic switch supposed to be placed?

The little rectangular bar is about a centimetre in length and half-inch in width. I wish I could attach a pic but I do not have my digicam. hopefully, you guys can understand what I am saying. Maybe this magnetic bar isn't even apart of my laptop and somehow I managed to get it to stick to my LCD panel.

Edited by rsd79, 06 December 2008 - 08:14 PM.

Dustin Penner is the new Jaromir Jagr.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:49 PM

Normally a lid switch is in the bottom right hand corner by the hinge. Never worked on a gateway laptop
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 rsd79

rsd79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:30 PM

I do not see a slot or anything to place it in. I will upload a pic of what I am talking about soon. Hopefully, I can get more responses that way.
Dustin Penner is the new Jaromir Jagr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users