Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

acrobat iehelper... application error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 huckster

huckster

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:38 PM

Hello, I'm new to this board. I hope I can get some help here. I am not very well versed in computers or understanding the details involved, so please bear with me.
I'm using windows xp pro. The machine has recently been showing a box every time i close my internet use. I'm on DSL if that matters. The box is;
Acrobat IEhelper: iexplore.exe Application Error
The instruction at "0x7c9105f8 refferenced memory at "0x01ce0010"
The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate program.
I am using sbc yahoo home page and browser. I don't know what else to say except ...What is it and how do I make it stop?
Thanks, Owen Huckabay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:32 PM

Hello huckster and welcome to BC

Go into Control Panel>Add/Remove programs and uninstall Adobe Acrobat and then reinstall it. Then go to Start>Run and type in "msconfig" without the qoutes. Look for the Startup tab and remove the checkmark in the line that deals with Adobe Acrobat. This program is not neccessary to run on start up. The consequence of this will be that when Adobe is called for it will take a couple of seconds longer to start up and your computer will run a little faster. If you don't want to uninstall/reinstall that might be enough to stop the error, but it will likely return whenever you use Adobe.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 huckster

huckster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for the reply. I checked in the config/start up for adobe acrobat. There is no refference to it there. Must be something else. Thanks, Huckster
Something is wrong besides what's the matter.

#4 tbrengel

tbrengel

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:38 AM

Try Tools --> Manage Add-ons... and disable Solid Converter PDF. That did it for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users