Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do access spyware programs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lil Rene

Lil Rene

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:44 PM

Now that I am infected with antivirus 2009 I can not get to the interest to download the program to run on my computer. I have tried saving it to a flash drive and an external memory drive....program will not run. Any suggestions.

Lil Rene

Edited by Pandy, 06 December 2008 - 01:42 AM.
Moved from Breaking Virus & Security News

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:25 AM

I have tried saving it to a flash drive and an external memory drive...

You tried to plug in a flashdrive with the program on it that you had downloaded and transferred from another PC while your PC was in safe mode, right?
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,494 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

After the program is on the infected computer and before installing, find the program.exe and rename it. Right click on the .exe , choose rename and name it lastchancescan. Then double click on the .exe to install it.

You did not say which program(s) you are attempting to use. The best two would be these:
http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

For best results using Super Antispyware, reboot into "safe mode" after installing SAS and run the scan.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users