Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"CD Recording Software" Program Compatibility Issue After Installation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ManualSearch

ManualSearch

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:52 AM

I have an old disk for Roxio Inc.'s 'CD Recording Software'. It's pretty plain, in a paper case and everything...

Anyway, I installed it on my Toshiba Satellite A205-S5831 (although I doubt that will be any use to anyone). My laptop is running Vista.

After installing it, I started thinking 'Oh... well, I don't really need this', so I did the senseable thing and uninstalled it. The next reset I got this.

Posted Image

In fact, I got this twice in a row. Every restart. Now, I notoriously click 'please do not remove' to any driver or file that may be a shared file, so I figured, hey, these drivers must be running without the program... so I went in and reinstalled the program, restarted, and uninstalling it, clicking 'No to All' for the shared driver thing.

The first couple resets I was fine, but here the thing is again! I don't understand why it'd still be doing this.

I searched through RegEdit for 'Roxio' and 'CD Recording Software' and got no hits. I checked the MSConfig and can't find anything that would relate to the program. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:30 AM

What version of Roxio do you have?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 ManualSearch

ManualSearch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:58 PM

What version of Roxio do you have?

Heh... I... ummm... don't exactly know. >.<

The disk says 'Easy CD Creator 4' so I assume the fourth.

#4 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:55 PM

See here.

Even though the link talks about Windows XP, you have pretty much the same issue. Your version on Roxio is an old version and is not compatible with Vista. You should go to the Roxio site and get a compatible version.

Better still, try some of the freeware burners. I like this one.

http://cdburnerxp.se/

Have fun.
:huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users