Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

outlook express

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 deltex

deltex

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 11 May 2005 - 12:55 PM

Hi
My name is del
I am not very computer literate so will try the best I can to ask my question.

I recieved an email with a text attachment. I right clicked, opened and was ask what I would like to use to view attachment. A window came up with a number of options to view attachment. I clicked 'notepad' and did not remove the check box 'always open with'. I would like to change to another option to open attachment. How do I get back to the 'open with' and eliminate the always open with 'notepad'. All attachment text files are opening with notepad and I would like to change that option.

Thanks for any help ........
Del

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 11 May 2005 - 07:43 PM

:thumbsup: to BC deltex,

To answer your question right click on the document select properties and it will say the program it opens with. It should say "change..." click that and it should give you the list again. (see below for image of what it should look like or click this link:Change... picture

Hopefully the members at BC will be able to help you with any of your computer problems and needs.

If you don't know where to post a question you may click on of my links below to find out (WWW icon or where should i post my question).

Enjoy Your Time at BC!!!

Posted Image

Edited by frankie12, 11 May 2005 - 07:48 PM.

#3 deltex

deltex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:36 PM

Sorry, I didn't let you know I have windows 98 OS. Frankie does the help you have suggested apply to windows 98? The dialog and windows appear different
on 98 unless I am not performing the process correctly.
I have reposted in the windows 98 forum as well.
Thanks
Deltex

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:01 PM

Find a file of the type you wish to change. Right click on it to get the "properties" folder. Under the general tab should be clickable box to "change" and a subsequent dialogue box with choices. Find the application you want to use to open this kind of file, highlight it, and then look down at the bottom and click on "always use this program to open files of this type." Click on Apply and all files of that type will be changed.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users