Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant print from Dell Win Vista laptop to HP printer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sue S

Sue S

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

HI.

I have a brand new Dell laptop with Windows Vista. I have an HP printer that worked fine with my old computer. I have downloaded the HP driver for my printer from the official HP website (I've deleted and repeated this process several times). Prints go to the queue but don't print. The scan function works, so the connection is fine.
HP techs tried to troubleshoot but ultimately gave up and blamed Dell.
Dell blamed HP before even trying to help, and recommends that I call their tech support line and pay them to troubleshoot.
Microsoft is currently trying to troubleshoot but has been unable to solve the problem.

This is driving me crazy!!!

~Sue

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tenz

tenz

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:03 PM

when you were re-installing the printer, did you just delete it in the printers menu, or did you uninstall all of the files that came with it? I only ask because i have had a similiar problem, but when i completely removed all the software then re-installed, it worked. Give it a shot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users